See a full list of bookable equipment.
The equipment loans service and booking for the edit suite are available from the information desk on level 1.
It’s best to reserve equipment in advance to ensure availability. You can book:
- at the level 1 information desk
- by phone on +44 1752 588900. Select option 2 - student IT support.
You can borrow equipment for a maximum of seven days, reserving it up to 12 weeks in advance. You’ll also be able to renew borrowed equipment – as long as it’s available – in person at the level 1 information desk
Borrowing is free of charge. If you return equipment late and another user has booked it, you might receive an overdue fee.
Our insurance doesn’t cover the items you borrow. Do consider taking out insurance cover for the equipment on loan to you. If you damage or lose equipment, you may be liable for the full replacement cost.
Digital video camera recorder manuals
To book the edit suite, just ask at the level 1 information desk. It’s available during core hours and is free to use.
Facilities include linked recorders for:
- basic editing, duplicating tapes
- transferring to DVD
- digital video editing system for more ambitious projects
- incorporating special effects and audio editing
- mastering to various formats.