Results guidance: N1 Must Withdraw

Find out more about an N1 Must Withdraw results code

We regret that you are unable to proceed any further with your current programme.

For more information about the requirement to withdraw from your programme of study and for more detail to accompany the brief points below, please read about your results, how to find them, and what they mean.


  • Appeals. If you wish to appeal against the decision of the Award Assessment Board, you will need to do so within 10 working days after publication. Appeal Deadlines.
  • Extenuating circumstances. If you have submitted valid extenuating circumstances during the year, these will have been considered by the Award Assessment Board.
  • Graduation ceremony. If you become entitled to an award upon withdrawal, you may be eligible to attend your school’s graduation ceremony. You will receive an email when booking is due to open. Read about graduation ceremonies for further details.

  • Please ensure your home address is up to date on the Student Portal. Partner institution students will either receive their certificate from The University of Plymouth directly or via your partner institution. For those taught postgraduate students who qualify in October/November the certificate will be posted out to your home address by the end of January. Research degree students are assessed via an oral examination at the end of their degree. The Doctoral College will liaise with research degree students regarding the production of their certificate.
  • Outstanding debts. If you have any outstanding debts with the University, you may be unable to receive any award due to you or attend graduation. Please contact Finance & Sustainability on 01752 588130 or email


What next?

Your tutors or supervisors will be able to advise you on any other programmes that may be suitable for you. You may wish to speak to Personal or Careers Counsellors or UPSU (Welfare) for further advice. You are also advised to contact any fee sponsors regarding your funding.

If you have any further questions, please contact your faculty or the Doctoral College.