We aim to provide a first class student experience, but know that sometimes difficulties and problems can arise. The Complaints and Appeals Office provides you with the opportunity to raise concerns, ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and in accordance with the University’s published regulations and procedures.
We manage the following student related areas:
- Student complaints proforma
- Procedures for appealing against the decision of an Assessment Board (Academic Appeals)
- Appeal against the decision of an award assessment board or academic decision (taught and research)
- Appeal proforma 16-17
- Code of conduct and disciplinary procedures
- Vexatious complaints
- We also manage appeals against decisions taken under the Fitness to Practise, or Study and Wellbeing Review, policies.
Please note, we do not normally accept anonymous complaints.
All complaints and appeals must be submitted in writing. The Complaints and Appeals Office does not operate a drop-in service, and cannot accept cases verbally. If you would like independent advice and/or representation before submitting your written complaint or appeal, please visit the University of Plymouth Student Union Advice Centre.