The benefits of hosting students
Placements are a vital part of the future workforce learning experience. By promoting excellent nursing practice, you can greatly contribute to the development of student nurse competence so that they will be able to make an evolving contribution to the services your organisation provides.
As a new placement provider you will:
- Enhance a culture of learning in nursing practice, making a significant difference to care experience and clinical effectiveness
- Raise your profile of expertise
- Attract staff with the right values to aid recruitment
- Receive funded places on the mentor course for your staff
- Receive a tariff payment for each placement you provide
- Be supported by the University of Plymouth
- Be able to develop your team through opportunities for staff to engage in critical inquiry and implement evidence-based practice
- Enable your nurses to evidence continuing professional development, and address the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Standards (2018)
- Celebrate the success achieved through collaborative working.