The Institute of Education's partnership office manages our partnerships with schools, colleges, training providers, and other agencies, primarily related to Initial Teacher Education (ITE) programmes.
"Communication with the partnership is excellent and issues and problems are addressed promptly and appropriately. The partnership agreements for both associate and teaching schools are very well designed and applied. Detailed and up-to-date information is recorded about each partnership school and this is used very well to ensure trainees are appropriately matched to placements."
- Primary Ofsted Report, 2008.
The partnership office manages and supports:
- the placement of student teachers in partner settings throughout the South West (and in other areas when required)
- schools, colleges, training providers, other agencies, and University staff in the education and training of student teachers
- projects for the promotion and development of high quality practice placement opportunities within the South West for all Faculty programmes
- systems supporting the provision of information for students, partners, and other stakeholders
- the fulfilment of optimum placement capacity and provision of advice and guidance to programme leads and/or placement co-ordinators.
Use the contact details provided to get in touch if you need help and advice.