We have moved
But not too far. You can still find us on the ground floor of RLB however our new location is in room 008, formerly the International Student Advice Office.
Why visit the HUB
- CVs, statements and applications advice
- Options with the degree
- Advice on finding work experience, internships and graduate opportunities
- Advice and guidance for interviews and assessment centres
- Guidance for transferring courses
- Guidance on postgraduate study
- Advice on advancing employability skills through workshops
HUB is open all year round, although we may operate reduced hours during
vacation times. You don’t need an appointment, just call in and have a chat
with our Student Engagement Assistants about what support we can offer.
If you are away from Plymouth, you can still access support by email, telephone or Skype.
Ground Floor, Roland Levinsky Building
- Standard term-time opening times: Monday to Friday, 8:30–16:30
- Summer vacation opening hours: Monday to Friday 11:00–15:00
Phone: +44 (0)1752 587456
Monday to Friday, 8:30–16:30
Accessing our support couldn’t be easier.
The Careers Service helpdesk offers a daily drop-in , which is ideal for quick queries, signposting to relevant events and resources and finding out how we can support you. There is no need to book.
Our Student Engagement Assistants can also refer you on to a suitable appointment with an Employability Adviser or a Careers Consultant.
If you would like some information and advice regarding your future career you can come and see one of Employability Advisers for a 20-minute advice appointment. These advice appointments are ideal for:
- initial career research including options with your degree
- identifying your options including how to research postgraduate study
- help interpreting and clarifying information
- where to look for opportunities
- help preparing for interviews.
Application coaching appointment
In the first instance we strongly recommend that you look at our relevant resources on MyCareer, build and screen your CV through CV360 or attend one of our skills workshops. The Careers Service offers 20 minute Application Coaching appointments which are ideal for:
- covering letters
- job application supporting statements
- personal statements for postgraduate study.
Please bring a paper copy or upload your CV when you book online. Please note that we cannot write your CV for you and we do not offer a proof-reading service.
Careers Guidance appointment
The Careers Service offers guidance appointments for queries that are more complex, or if you feel stuck in your career planning and are unsure how to progress.
These guidance appointments are ideal for:
- thinking of changing or leaving your course
- identifying your skills, strengths and any gaps in your experience
- clarifying your career direction and identifying goals
- support with resolving underlying issues and barriers to moving forward in your career
- practicing answering interview questions.
If you are considering taking an optional one year placement as a part of your degree and need help with your options, placement search, applications or simply have questions about the placement year come along to one of our placements drop-in sessions held at the Careers Hub.
- Monday, 13:00–15:00
- Tuesday, 11:00–13:00
- Wednesday, 13:00–15:00
- Thursday, 11:00–13:00
- Friday, 13:00–15:00
There are a wide range of free printed resources available in the HUB.
Our own series of booklets covering CVs, advice for international students, placements and part time work.
Employer directories promoting graduate schemes such as Times Top 100 Graduate Employers, Top Companies for Graduates, Prospects Student Guide and Top Companies.
Industry guides from Targetjobs, Gradcracker, and information guides to law and medicine.
Come and browse for yourself.
Log in to myCareer
myCareer gives you access to:
- individual careers appointments to support you in identifying opportunities to get involved in and help with career planning
- hundreds of vacancies, from part-time work to fit around your studies, to summer internships and graduate vacancies
- a wide range of workshops and activities to help you develop your employability skills. These include mock interviews and a variety of skill sessions from job searching to enhancing your CV
- events such as career fairs and networking evenings to help develop your confidence, expand your professional network and explore your career options.