We have moved
But not too far. You can still find us on the ground floor of RLB however our new location is in room 008, formerly the International Student Advice Office.
Why visit the HUB
- Need help with a CV?
- Unsure about what to do with your degree?
- Want help finding suitable roles to apply for?
- Not sure you’re on the right course?
- Looking for part-time work?
- Thinking about postgraduate study?
- Interested in the Plymouth Award?
- Wish to find out about the placement year?
- Seeking work experience?
These are all things you can get help and support with by dropping into the HUB.
The HUB is open all year – including vacation times – although we may operate reduced hours. You don’t need an appointment, just call in and have a chat with us.
If you are away from Plymouth, you can still access support by email, telephone or Skype.
Careers & Employability HUB
Ground Floor, Roland Levinsky Building
Standard term-time opening times: Monday – Friday 8:30–16:30
Summer vacation opening hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 11.00-15.00. Closed on Wednesdays.
Phone: +44 (0)1752 587456
11.00 – 15.00 Monday to Friday
Accessing our support couldn’t be easier. Come along to the HUB and talk to our Employability Assistants about the help and support you require; no appointment necessary. They can talk you through initial career or job searching options, offer feedback on CVs and applications, guide you through interview and assessment centre preparation and more.
Our Employability Assistants support the work of our Careers Advisers and if they are unable to answer your question immediately will offer to follow up with an email or another appointment after further research.
Guidance appointments – Careers Advisers
If you need more in-depth help and advice from one of our professional advisers book a 30-minute appointment. Why would you access this help? You may have one or more of the following concerns:
- unsure about your career direction and need to discuss and clarify your goals
- need to clarify your thoughts on which roles to apply for and how to go about entering a particular sector
- need in-depth guidance on how to evidence your skills and experience for a job
- need help with choosing and making an application for a postgraduate programme
- in-depth support with CVs, job applications and preparing for interviews and assessments
Career check appointments
Offers you all of the support of the Hub drop-in but in a 20 minute appointment session at a time that suits you. Appointments are available between 9.00-11.00 and 15.00-16.30.
To book please visit myCareer online or pop in to see us in the Hub.
Support is on hand daily during term time for those taking the optional placement year.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11:00–13:00 (Wednesday 11:00–13:00 in Cookworthy 111)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 13:00–16:00.
There are a wide range of FREE printed resources available in the HUB.
Our own series of booklets covering CVs, advice for international students, placements and part time work.
Employer directories promoting graduate schemes such as Times Top 100 Graduate Employers, Top Companies for Graduates, Prospects Student Guide and Top Companies.
Industry guides from Targetjobs, Gradcracker, and information guides to law and medicine.
Come and browse for yourself.
Log in to myCareer
myCareer gives you access to:
- Individual careers appointments to support you in identifying opportunities to get involved in and help with career planning.
- Hundreds of vacancies, from part-time work to fit around your studies, to summer internships and graduate vacancies.
- A wide range of workshops and activities to help you develop your employability skills. These include mock interviews and a variety of skill sessions from job searching to enhancing your CV.
- Events such as Career Fairs and Networking Evenings to help develop your confidence, expand your professional network and explore your career options.