Student Focus Group session one:
Notes and recommendations
- Session 1.1 Tuesday 11 October 2016, 16.30 – 18.30 (11 students)
- Session 1.2 Wednesday 19 October 2016, 16.30 – 18.30 (12 students)
Tabled questions and topics
- How can we improve our social media engagement with students?
- What should our use of social media achieve as a service?
- What should our content look and feel like?
Key strong messages
1. More visual images on all pages and platforms, less generic text.
2. More ‘approachable’ content, such as humour, images and student stories.
3. More personalisation through interaction with subject specific social media platforms, content specific to the outcomes of students (students getting jobs, placement outcomes and ‘good news’). Answer and engage with students through both Twitter and Facebook.
4. More incentive to like, share and comment through partnerships with local businesses and UPSU (money off vouchers).
5. 90 per cent in session one think we should merge all our social media pages across the service and approximately 60 per cent in session two.
6. Facebook is the most used and most popular platform for user interaction and information.