The University of Plymouth has worked in partnership with Santander for several years. Funded internship and work experience initiatives have always proven popular and beneficial for students, graduates and employers. Building on previous successful schemes we are pleased to announce two new programmes available to SMEs for the remainder of the 2020/21 academic cycle.
If finances are currently holding you back from offering a workplace experience to our students or recent graduates then either initiative could be the solution for you, whilst the funding is available.
Funding will be allocated on a first come first served basis, to those who meet the eligibility criteria and at the discretion of the Employer Engagement team within the Careers Service. All bursary payments will be coordinated by the University and made payable direct to the individual.
What are the benefits to offering work-experience?
- A student or graduate can bring fresh ideas, enthusiasm and a new perspective to the team
- The opportunity to focus efforts on a designated project and tasks
- An excellent way to potentially identify a talented individual for your team longer-term
- Helps to raise the profile of your business to the student network
- Provides the individual with the opportunity to gain work-experience and expand upon a number of ‘employability skills’
- Enables the individual to start developing their own professional network