Make a smooth transition by…
- Booking an appointment with a Careers Adviser to discuss your transferable skills so that you're able to articulate your skills and attributes to employers. We can help you review your career plans, to make sure that you are on the right path and that you have a strong backup plan in case you don’t get into your dream job. We can also help you to plan the specific steps that you'll need to take to get into your chosen career. Get advice about the time frames involved so that your plans are manageable and you don’t miss important opportunities and deadlines. Don’t worry if you still have no idea what you want to do – you won’t be the only one – we can help you to decide and suggest the steps that you need to take to get the job that you want
- What are your likes and dislikes? What are your strengths and interests, what are your areas of development or improvement? If you find this hard to do, why not talk to your supervisor ?
- Creating a CV and get it checked by one of our experienced Careers Advisers
- Attending careers events to learn about different careers and industries.
- Attending Accelerate workshops to understand how to apply for opportunities.