Placements with Early Childhood Studies
The BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies course has an optional placement year between the second and final year of the degree programme.
If you're interested in boosting your confidence and experience in the workplace you'll have to opportunity to attend the Faculty of Arts ‘Introduction to Placement’ sessions in Years 1 and 2 which include advice on CV preparation, job searching and identifying your skill and individual support in finding placement from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities Placement Officer.
Out on placement you'll gain invaluable experience of practice and build confidence in your skills.
Upon completion of a successful placement year of professional practice entitles you to a BA (Hons) with Certificate of Professional Experience.
What's in it for me?
- Employers are more likely to favour graduates with work experience.
- A placement will open the door to graduate opportunities. Employers regularly choose previous placement students for their graduate schemes.
- Improve your degree results.
- Get a taste of your chosen career.
- All placements we advertise are paid.
- Take the chance to work abroad.
Students have completed placements with the following organisations:
- English Experience, Spain
- JESS School, Dubai
- SEK International School, Barcelona
- Orchard House Family Intervention Centre, Taunton
- Plus many more....
Meet your Placements team!
Remy, Sam and Char are here to support you throughout your placement.
If you are on campus, you can arrange a one-to-one appointment or by coming to our term-time only drop-in sessions.
Our drop-ins during term time are between 10-12pm every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in The Hub and every Wednesday in Cookworthy 111.
BEd (Hons) Primary Early Childhood Studies
"I undertook several placements within Cornwall, Devon, and Finland. The variety of experiences helped to develop my teaching ability and is something that has been praised by employers. My most memorable one would be in Finland, because teaching a class of children who could not speak English was certainly a challenge! I learnt so much in the school by being immersed in a different culture."