Placements with BA/BSc (Hons) Internet Design
You have the opportunity to take an optional paid 48 week work placement that offers invaluable practical work experience. We recommended it because it not only enhances your final year of study but you are also more likely to receive project sponsorship and immediate employment with your placement company after you graduate.
Many of our graduates become game designers, digital artists, web designers and coders. Some have also entered employment with media companies in areas such as sound and website production. Other destinations include sales, marketing and public relations roles, often within IT or media companies or with retailers selling media-related products, as well as teaching.
Skills you’ll develop during your placement
- Generating and articulating ideas
- Creativity and innovation
- Project management
- Collaboration and negotiation
- Communication with teams and clients
- Working to tight deadlines
Relevant work experience
In addition to the placements offered by degree courses, it’s worth getting some relevant experience either through part-time, voluntary or holiday work.
Doing this in your first and second year can help you to beat the competition to secure the placement you want. You should also take time to develop your commercial awareness, network with potential employers, enter competitions and develop your portfolio.
What's in it for me?
- Employers are more likely to favour graduates with work experience.
- A placement will open the door to graduate opportunities. Employers regularly choose previous placement students for their graduate schemes.
- Improve your degree results.
- Get a taste of your chosen career.
- All placements we advertise are paid.
- Take the chance to work abroad.