Placements with BSc (Hons) Construction Management and the Environment
The BSc (Hons) Construction Management and the Environment course has an optional placement year between the second and final year of the degree programme.
If you're interested in boosting your confidence and experience in the workplace you'll have to opportunity to attend the Faculty of Arts ‘Introduction to Placement’ sessions in Years 1 and 2 which include advice on CV preparation, job searching and identifying your skill and individual support in finding placement from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities Placement Officer.
Out on placement you'll gain invaluable experience of practice and build confidence in your skills.
Upon completion of a successful placement year you'll be awarded a ‘Certificate of Industrial Experience’ in addition to your final degree award on graduation.
What's in it for me?
- Employers are more likely to favour graduates with work experience.
- A placement will open the door to graduate opportunities. Employers regularly choose previous placement students for their graduate schemes.
- Improve your degree results.
- Get a taste of your chosen career.
- All placements we advertise are paid.
- Take the chance to work abroad.
Students have completed placements with the following organisations:
- RG-Group Ltd, Kent
- BAM Construction, Exeter
- Arcadis Consulting (UK) Ltd, Exeter
- Veron Building Consultants Ltd, New Zealand
- Bray and Slaughter, Bristol
- Kier Construction Ltd, Plymouth
- Galliford Try, Bristol
Nomadicresorts, Sri Lanka
- Plus many more...