An increasing number of students now work and study at the same time. Over 59 per cent of students in the UK work part time alongside their studies at university. (Source: the Guardian, August 2014). Working part time is a really helpful way of building employability skills.
Part-time employment while you study can help you to:
- earn money while you learn
- build your employability skills
- enhance your CV by gaining transferable skills
- build your network
- get a work based reference for when you apply for a placement or graduate level job
- gain valuable experience of being in the work place.