civil and coastal engineering at Plymouth equips you with a comprehensive range
of technical skills and knowledge in addition to a thorough understanding of
appropriate codes of practice and industry standards.
solid grasp of science, mathematics, and technology, you will be able to design,
create and build structures efficiently and safely while making the best use of
available resources and techniques.
group projects, you'll gain practical experience of applying your engineering
judgement and working successfully with others.
gained on a civil engineering degree include:
- The use of advanced numerical methods and statistical techniques
to solve relevant civil engineering applications.
- Advanced application of ICT applications as well as the use of the
latest industry-standard software including computer-aided design (CAD)
tools to create digital models of technical systems.
- Communication, team-working, self-management and leadership skills as a result of working on real-world individual and group projects.
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.