As a current student we are here to help you on your career journey. So whether you have just started at university, joined us as a transition student, part way through or nearing completion or undertaking postgraduate study or research, our team are here to guide and signpost you along the way.
You will be given plenty of opportunity to understand your skills and build your employability skills and graduate attributes through your studies and modules but there are a whole host of other opportunities provided by the University and the Student Union that you can engage in to gain experiences that employers value.
Log in to myCareer
myCareer will give you access to:
- Individual careers appointments to support you in identifying opportunities to get involved in and help with career planning.
- Hundreds of vacancies, from part-time work to fit around your studies, to summer internships and graduate vacancies.
- A wide range of workshops and activities to help you develop your employability skills. These include mock interviews and a variety of skill sessions from job searching to enhancing your CV.
Log in to myCareer Digital Resources
- Covering letter and CV builder
- Company directory
- Practice psychometric and aptitude test
- Skill assessment tools
- Industry reports
Access to myCareer Digital Resources continues for three years from graduation. Update your profile to a non-university email to continue access or contact us. Available 24/7, anywhere, anytime and on any mobile device.
“Get involved with/in as many things as possible, the more activities and work placements you can take on the better. Graduate employers want you to talk about so many different situations and demonstrate lots of skills, so the earlier you get involved the better. I attended networking evenings, employer presentations, joined the Enactus society, undertook practice interviews, had a placement year and worked as a Student Ambassador all of which helped me build my confidence and presentation skills.”
Hannah Yarr, BA (Hons) International Business Year 4