Workshops, groups, support sessions and events

Personal development and group-work sessions

  • Anxiety workshop
  • Women’s wellbeing group
  • LGBTQ + wellbeing group
  • Moodboost – managing low mood
  • Look After Your Mate
  • Calm and Soothe – strategies for a ‘calm kit’
  • Global Buddies – for International/EU/EEA students
For more information on all of the above, including dates and times and who to contact, visit our Personal development sessions and groups webpage.

University of Plymouth Autism Social Group (PAS) 

Weekly during term time (starting 28 September 2022), 15:30–17:00 at the Pastoral and Spiritual Support building. 
University of Plymouth Autism Social & Support Group (PAS) is a social and support group for students by students who have an autism diagnosis, led by Disability Advisors. Describing the group, students say that it is 'a group for autistic students, where we can meet up weekly with like-minded people, giving us the opportunity to be ourselves and gain confidence with other people in a social environment'. The group aims to be a fun environment and give members a chance to explore topics related to University life and try new activities.
New members welcome at any time. For further information, please contact Sarah Anderson or Dan Collings (Disability Advisors).

Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) 

Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) are grants that help to pay for support that a student may need at Higher Education as a direct result of a disability, on-going health condition, sensory impairment, mental health condition or specific learning difficulties.

  • What evidence do I need?
  • Can I ask for help with completing the application?
  • How to I book a Study Needs Assessment?
  • What does the report mean?
  • How do I order my equipment?
  • How do I arrange support?
  • How do I claim money back for ink/paper?
If you have any questions or just want information about DSAs and how they could help you, come to the Student Hub in the Charles Seale-Hayne Library.

<p>Gillian Sheppard Learning Gateway</p>

To protect it, register it!

Reduce property crime
Thousands of items of property are lost or stolen each year in the UK. The Immobilise National Property Register already holds the details of 28 million items of property. The Student Hub can help you add yours to protect your property and to help the police stop property crime.


Register your property free by visiting the Student Hub or; it only takes a couple of minutes and once you have registered you will have a better chance of getting your property back if it’s lost or stolen.


If any item of registered property is lost or stolen, report it to Immobilise via your online account. This information is then made available nationally to all of the major UK police forces through their online systems.

If your registered property is recovered, either the police or Immobilise will contact you and let you know its location.

<p>laptop, mobile phone, cat and a cup of tea</p>