Emotional and mental health
- SAM App – SAM is an application to help you understand and manage anxiety.
- Elefriends – a supportive online community where you can be yourself.
- Mood Tracker – get daily insights into your ups and downs and spot patterns in your mood and behaviour.
- Happify – overcome stress and negative thoughts.
- Super Better – playing SuperBetter unlocks heroic potential to overcome tough situations and achieve goals that matter most.
- Mood Pixel – a minimalistic app that keeps track of your emotions, moods, thoughts and general well-being.
- Calm Harm – Calm Harm provides tasks that help you resist or manage the urge to self harm.
- Stay Alive – a pocket suicide prevention resource, packed full of useful information to help you stay safe.
Drug, alcohol and addiction
- My Sober Life – My Sober Life contains daily inspirational readings, a sober counter, and other valuable tools to help teens and young adults age 12 to 25 stay active and on track in their recovery from alcohol and other drugs.
- Recovery Box – Recovery Box is a comprehensive set of tools to help you in your recovery.
- Buddhify – meditation app designed to fit into a busy modern lifestyle.
- Calm – 100+ guided meditations to help you manage anxiety, lower stress and sleep better.
- Headspace – an app that teaches you how to meditate.
NHS approved apps
- Big White Wall – an online community for people who are stressed, anxious or feeling low.
- Health and fitness trackers – from lowering blood pressure and cholesterol to tackling obesity and smoking, digital technology is transforming the way you can manage and improve your health.
- My Possible Self – take control of your thoughts, feelings and behaviour with the My Possible Self mental health app.
- BlueIce – BlueIce is an evidenced-based app to help young people manage their emotions and reduce urges to self-harm.
- distrACT – the distrACT app gives you easy, quick and discreet access to information and advice about self-harm and suicidal thoughts.
- Sleep Cycle – Sleep Cycle analyzes your sleep and wakes you up at the most perfect time, feeling rested.
Confidence and self-esteem
- Build Confidence – put on your headphones and drift to sleep with this relaxing guided meditation intended to clear your mind and build your self confidence.
- Apps for Dyslexia – list of helpful apps for learners with Dyslexia.
- Wally – Wally lets you take control of your money. Balance your income and expenses.
- Expense Log – Expense Log provides a quick, easy and flexible way to track your expenses and incomes so you can see where your money is going or coming in.
- Acasa – all your bills in one app, hassle free.
- The Money Charity Budget Builder – a free, easy-to-use, interactive tool, available on desktop and mobile, which will help you create your own customised budget and then use it to keep track of your day-to-day spending.
- mySupermarket – supermarket price comparison tool.
- Plum – save more, invest in things that matter and reduce those pesky bills.
- Evernote – take notes anywhere, find information faster and share ideas with anyone.
- 30/30 – task timing app.
- Productive – a tool that helps you build a routine of positive, life changing habits. Set personal goals, track your progress, and motivate yourself.
Exercise and nutrition
- Couch to 5k – the app builds you up gradually with a mix of running and walking.
- One You Easy Meals – a great way to eat foods that are healthier for you. You’ll find delicious, easy meal ideas to get you going if you’re ever short of inspiration.