Transitions and change

International Student Advice (ISA)

ISA provides specialist services and guidance if you're an international student studying at Plymouth University.

Find out about immigration services, culture shock, money advice, council tax, general academic queries, health, living in the UK and personal issues.

Learn more about ISA

TEDx talk: A History of Homesickness

Is home where the heart is? Or where you hang your hat at night? A historian of the emotions, Susan Matt will help explore and explain the loneliness of leaving "home", whether it's to relocate to a country halfway around the world or to university.
Watch Susan Matt's TEDx talk

What to do if you are feeling actively suicidal:

If you are about to harm yourself or have already done so, phone 999 or get yourself to your local hospital’s accident and emergency. Call an all-hours support service:

If you live in University accommodation, the Residence Life team is there to address emergency situations, or contact campus security.