NHS Choices: Sleep Self Assessment
Take this short assessment, get a sleep score and get some practical tips and adviceTake the short assessment
Crash Course on Sleeping and Dreams
Hank discusses some of the ways our brain functions when sleeping and how it can malfunction as wellWatch the To Sleep, Perchance to Dream video for an understanding of sleep and dreams
Wellcast: How to Sleep Better
Easy ways to get all the refreshing sleep you needWatch the Wellcast: How to Sleep Better video to find 5 ways to get better sleep
Top four apps to support your sleep:
- Sleep Cycle Analyses your sleep and wakes you up in your lightest sleep phase.
- Buddhify : Mindfulness app that has over 80 guided meditations, six that are specially targeted for sleep
- Calm : Fall asleep faster with over 25 soothing sounds.
- Headspace: Daily ten minute guided meditations that can help you to sleep better.
Tweet us @SHINEwithPlym if you have any other suggestions.
- The Student Room the largest student community in the world with over 1.8 million members.
- Elefriends is a supportive online community where you can be yourself. We all know what it’s like to struggle sometimes, but now there’s a safe place to listen, share and be heard.
- Anytime Advice and Mental Health Support Line is free to all Plymouth University students. It provides practical information, resources, information about local services, counselling and web-based support.
If something is causing you concern, is upsetting or distressing you, then it may help to talk about it in a safe environment.
If you are a partnership student please find out what support your institution offers.
For students studying on the Plymouth and Truro campus, you can seek support and professional advice from: