NHS Choices: Sleep Self Assessment
Take this short assessment, get a sleep score and get some practical tips and adviceTake the short assessment
Crash course on sleeping and dreams
Hank discusses some of the ways our brain functions when sleeping and how it can malfunction as wellWatch the To Sleep, Perchance to Dream video for an understanding of sleep and dreams
Wellcast: How to sleep better
Easy ways to get all the refreshing sleep you needWatch the Wellcast: How to Sleep Better video to find five ways to get better sleep
Top four apps to support your sleep:
- Sleep Cycle: Analyses your sleep and wakes you up in your lightest sleep phase.
- Buddhify: Mindfulness app that has over 80 guided meditations, six that are specially targeted for sleep
- Calm: Fall asleep faster with over 25 soothing sounds.
- Headspace: Daily ten minute guided meditations that can help you to sleep better.
Tweet us @SHINEwithPlym if you have any other suggestions.
Additional self-help resources
We also have a range of leaflets, presentations and audio files created by staff at the University that may be helpful.
Anytime Advice and Mental Health Helpline
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- In-the-moment emotional and counselling support
- Accessible by phone, email and via LiveCONNECTSM instant messaging
- Information and advice on a range of studying, work, family and personal issues
- Completely independent from the university.
If something is causing you concern, is upsetting or distressing you, then it may help to talk about it in a safe environment.
If you are a partnership student please find out what support your institution offers.
For students studying on the Plymouth and Truro campus, you can seek support and professional advice from: