Student support documents

What is the purpose of an SSD?

An SSD will disclose the student's name, course information and details about their disclosed disability or condition as well as their recommended modified assessment provision (MAPs).

Each student who has an SSD has completed a disclosure which allows this information to be shared with all University staff who have a need to know. This can include all academic teaching staff as well as administrative staff who have contact with that student.

Have a look at our flowchart which explains the process of getting an SSD.

Who produces SSDs?

An SSD is produced at Disability Services following assessment and consultation with a student, and is then sent to a nominated central point within each faculty for distribution. Please contact your faculty office for further details.