University of Plymouth Code of Practice and Guidance
- The University of Plymouth Code of practice for field work and off site activities (login required)
- The University of Plymouth documentation for off campus activities (login required)
- The University of Plymouth intranet pages for off site learning activities (login required)
- The University of Plymouth Guidance for Schools for inclusive off campus learning activities, residential,day field trips contains information, guidance and instructions for module leaders and others running field trips
- Advice for academic staff on how to assist students with specific disabilities on field trips.
- Royal Geographic Society – information, notes and PowerPoint from a workshop on inclusive fieldwork and expeditions.
- Six web-based guides from the Geography Discipline Network at the University of Gloucestershire are the result of the 'Learning Support for Disabled Students Undertaking Fieldwork and Related Activities' project, funded by HEFCE's Improving Provision for Disabled Students Funding Programme.
- Alison Stokes and Mark Anderson from GEES presentation at the Geological Society 2015: Accessible fieldwork in higher education: challenges and opportunities.
- Issues in Providing Learning Support for Disabled Students Undertaking Fieldwork and Related Activities. Healey et al (2001).
- Field Trip Guidance University of Leeds
Virtual Field Trips
"Enhancing Student Employability Skills Through Virtual Field Trips in the Hospitality Industry". View and download resources
The University of Otago. NZ delivers field trips in Geology.
Virtual Field Trip Simulation for Occupational Medicine Distant Learners – University of Otago NZ.
Virtual Training Environment for the collection and recording of field data on a field map. University of Leeds
The Open Field Lab – Enhancing Access to Fieldwork – Open University
Enabling Remote Activity (ERA)- Open University.