MSc Pre-Registration Nursing (Mental Health) Nursing
Welcome to the School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Plymouth.
Welcome to the School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Plymouth. You are starting on a fascinating intellectual and professional journey and you will need to stay focused and work hard, but should also aim to enjoy your studies and make the most of your time as a member of the School of Nursing and Midwifery and the University.
Induction will give you the chance to find out more about the University and to meet staff and fellow students. You will also become familiar with the University both its campus and the services available to support you. There are so many opportunities for you to engage with, which will add to your experience and help you grow both academically and personally.
The sessions scheduled below will give you the opportunity to find out more about the nursing course in Plymouth, the course documentation you will
be using, timetables and meet some of the staff. You will also become familiar with the University of Plymouth campus and the services available to support you.
On behalf of the staff and students I welcome you to the University of Plymouth and look forward to meeting you.
Message from Louise Winfield, Head of School of Nursing and Midwifery
There are a number of activities you need to complete before you start your studies with the University of Plymouth.
- Complete online enrolment by Monday 09 September 2019
- Complete photo upload by Wednesday 09 September 2019
The forms below are based on the University's open learning platform within the School of Nursing and Midwifery section. The link for this can be found above. You will be asked to create an account to enable you to complete the forms.
- Complete the online name badge form by Monday 09 September 2019
- Complete the uniform sizing form by Monday 09 September
- Complete the update of records form by Wednesday 04 September 2019
The documents below are available for information and download
- Key dates
- Link to the moodle site where module information is located
- Practice Hours: If you are required to provide confirmation of your practice hours you can do this using the on line APL Mapping site within the Faculty section of the open learning website.
Documents to bring with you on Tuesday 10 September 2019
- Passport (to enable you to collect your University card
- Any documents requested by the Admissions Team
Introductory timetable for MSc Pre-Registration Nursing (Mental Health)
Students from the MSc Child Healh and Adult Health fields will also attend all taught sessions
Tuesday 10 September 2019
- 1000 - 1200 Plymouth Roland Smeaton 202
- Session: Introduction to the MSc Pre Registration Nursing programme
- Speaker: Rachel Carter, Programme Lead
- 1200 - 1300 Lunch break
- 1300 - 1400 Plymouth Robbins Lecture Theatre
- Session: Learning Skills/Professional Accountability
- Speaker: Stage Leads: Andy Nichols, Adult Health, Diane Carpenter, Mental Health, Matt Carey, Child Health
- 1400 - 1600 Plymouth Robbins Lecture Theatre
- Session: Safeguarding Children
- Speaker: Child Health Lecturer
- Session: Self Directed Study to include completion of self directed learning packages listed below:
- Completion of Skills for Health packages
- Learning Development
- Equality and Diversity
- Activity: Start of taught sessions for Year 1.
- Please ensure you download/view the timetable in advance
- Occupational Health appointments (if required)
- Venue: Babbage 403, 413, 415, 417
- 0830 - 1700 Nancy Astor Clinical Skills
- Session: Basic Life Support Training and Manual Handling training
- Speaker: A and A Training
- Placement 1 dates