In each module handbook there is a reading list. The module leaders consider these to be key texts for the development of the module.
You will find some interesting literature within these lists but remember they are not exhaustive.
New books and articles are published frequently and you are advised to keep abreast of new material. When teachers suggest either a book or article, please do not think you have to buy them all. The University of St Mark & St John Library is stocked with texts that will meet your needs.
On occasion, there will be a book that you will frequently refer to and possibly like to purchase.
- Pollack A (ed) Fellows B (series editor), Woolcock M (series editor) (2013) Nancy Caroline’s Emergency Care in the Street 7th Edition Published by Jones and Bartlett, ISBN13: 978-1449649296, ISBN10: 1449649297.
- Blaber A (Ed) (2012) Foundations for Paramedic Practice A Theoretical perspective (2nd Edition) Open University Press. ISBN13: 978033524387,ISBN10: 033524387-8.
The following are local stockists:
- • Cornwall - Truro Bookshop, Royal Cornwall Museum, 25 River St, Truro, TR1 2SJ - Telephone: 01872 272185
- • Taunton, Brendon Books, Bath Place, Taunton, TA1 4ER - Telephone: 01823 337742
- • Exeter, Waterstones, 252 Roman Gate, High Street, Exeter - Telephone: 01392 424822
- • Plymouth, Waterstones, 65-69 New George Street, Plymouth, PL1 1RE - Telephone: 01752 256699
- • Plymouth Waterstones, Drake Circus Shopping Centre, 1 Charles Street, Plymouth, PL1 1EA - Telephone: 01752 669898
We also suggest you try Amazon
Some of the bookshops do offer a discount on course books upon production of a letter confirming a place on the course, or a University ID card once you’ve enrolled. Please clarify with the individual bookshop before you purchase.Useful study guides
- please go to our learning Development page