Dr Yi Wang
Lecturer in Knowledge Management & Business Decision Making
Plymouth Graduate School of Management & Plymouth Business School
2008.04: PhD, Manufacturing Engineering Centre, Cardiff University, Wales, UK.
2005-2007: Organizer and co-chair, Iproms, Cardiff University
2005 –present: UK Chapter System Dynamics Society
2007- present: Academy of Marketing, UK
2008-present: East MidlandsExcellence Network, UK
2008-present: British Academy ofManagement
2008-present: European Network for Teaching, Research andInnovations
2008 –present: International TechnologyAlliance in Network and Information Science
2012- present: International textile association
IUG3002 Global Enterprise (18/AU/M)
Grants & contracts
2018-2020: Erasmus+– Jean Monnet, Economic Aspects of the Energy efficiency of EU countries, (59946,75 €)
2018-2020: Partnership with BMW mini, Big data analysis for internal logistics transparency, UK (£1,000)
2018: Bangladesh Government research fund: Big data in Eco-fashion management (£56,000)
2018: Arabic national institute of maritime research: Big data for Maritime Logistics Transparency (£50,000)
2017: Plymouth Eye tracking Research lab, Vision lab, (£3000)
2017: Erasmus /Socrates staff mobility Grant: Big data analysis in Maritime logistics (€ 3,000)
2016: European cooperation inScience and technology, IntelligentRFID in supply chain management (€ 130K)
2016: Knowledge Transferpartnership with TobiiTechnology AB, UK (£100,000)
2015-2017: Erasmus key action1: ICT Game development forBecybersafe (€ 130,000)
2015: Knowledge Transferpartnership with Diamond-engineering,UK (£100,000)
2014:Erasmus /Socrates staff mobility Grant: Advanced RFID research in fashion logistics ( € 1,000)
2013: IndonesianNational fund for foreign education: Eco-fashion management (ca. £56,000, 1 PhD scholarship)
2013: MalaysianGovernment fund: Eco-fashionmanagement (ca. £56,000, 1 PhD scholarship)
2013: BrazilianNational Education Fund: Eco-fashionmanagement (ca. £56,000, 1 PhD scholarship)
2013: EPSRCDoctoral Training Fund: Theprediction of Consumer behaviour through data fusion (ca. £30,000, 1 Phd scholaship)
2013: Erasmus/Socrates staff mobility Grant: "Advanced RFID research in fashion logistics" (€ 1,000)
2012: Erasmus/Socrates staff mobility Grant, “Intelligentfashion supply chain”, (€ 3,000)
2012: Europeancooperation in Science and technology, Green Engineering Camp, “RFID Data Mining for forest supply ChainManagement” (€ 1,500)
2010-2011,JISC/Hefce, “Research managementand administration system”, (£1,0M)
2008- 2010: Erasmus /Socrates education Grant, “IntelligentSupply Chain management” (€ 5,000)
2008 - 2010: EU Erasmus Life Long Learning programme“European Thematic Network Teaching, Research and Innovation in ComputingEducation /ETN TRICE” €2.0m)
- L. Ze, Y. Wang, K.Wang, J. Yuan (2018) A deep learning driven method for fault classification and degradation assessment in mechanical equipments, Computers in Industry, (ABS 3*, IMF: 2.85) (Accepted)
- H. Ma, Y. Wang and K. Wang. Automatic detection of false positive RFID readings using machine learning algorithms (2018) Expert Systems with Applications, Vol 91, pp 442-451 (ABS 3*, ImpactFactor: 3.928)
- B. Li, Y. Wang, K.Wang. (2017) A novel method for the evaluation of fashion product designbased on data mining, Advances in manufacturing, Vol.5 issue 4, pp 370-276 https://doi.org/10.1007/s40436-017-0201-x(H index 8)
- Z, Li, Y. Wang and K. Wang (2017) A data driven method based on deep belief networks for backlash error prediction in machine centres, Journal of intelligent manufacturing (Impact factor 3.02), DOI:10.1007/s10845-017-1380-9
- Z, Li, Y. Wang and K. Wang (2017) Intelligent predictive maintenance for fault diagnosis and prognosis in machine centres: Industry 4.0 scenario. , Advances in manufacturing, Vol.5, issue 4, pp 377-387https://doi.org/10.1007/s40436-017-0203-8 (H index 8)
- Y. Wang, H. Ma, J.Yang and K. Wang. (2017) Industry 4.0: a way from mass customization to mass personalization production. Journal of Advances in Manufacturing, Vol 5, Issue4, pp 311 - 320, Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40436-017-0204-7 (H index 8)
- H. Ma, Y. Wang, K. Wang and Z. Ma. (2017) The optimization forhyperbolic positioning of UHF passive RFID tags. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol 14 (4), pp 1590-1600. (Impact Factor: 3.502)
- C. Wang, Y. Wang and K. Wang, (2017) An improved biogeography/complex algorithm based o decomposition for many-objective optimization, International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ImpactFactor 1.699)
- C. Wang, Y. Wang and K.Wang, An Improved Hybrid Algorithm Based on Biogeography/Complex and Metropolisfor Many-Objective Optimization (2017) Mathematical Problems in Engineering (Impact Factor 0.802)
- Moreira N, de Santa-Eulalia L, At-Kadi D, Wood- Harper T, Y. Wang (2015) A conceptual frameworkto develop green textiles in the aeronautic completion industry: a case studyin a large manufacturing company. Journalof Cleaner Production, Volume 105, Pages 371–388. Elsevier (IMF 4.959)
- R. Rayyaan, Y. Wang,R. Kennon. (2014) Ontology-based interoperability solutions for textile supplychain. Advances in Manufacturing, June2014, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp 97-105, Springer
- Z. Zhang, Y. Wang and K. Wang. (2013)Intelligentfault diagnosis and prognosis approach for rotating machinery integratingwavelet transform, principal component analysis, and artificial neuralnetworks. Int J Adv Manuf Technol. Volume68, Issue 1, pp 763-773, Springer (IMF 1.568)
- Z. Zhang, Y. Wang, K. Wang (2012) Fault diagnosis and prognosisusing wavelet packet decomposition, Fourier transform and artificialneural network, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Volume 24, Issue 6, pp 1213-1227, Springer.(IMF 1.995)
- H. Zhu.,Y. Wang, K. Wang , Y. Chen (2011) “Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO)for the constrained Portfolio Optimization Problem”, Expertsystem with application, Elsevier.Volume 38, Issue 8, Pages 10161-10169, Elsevier (IMF 2.981, ABS 3*)
- Y. Wang (2010) “Challenges in semantic branding”, Journalof digital marketing, Research science press, Vol. 1. No. 1, pp. 1-14.
- Y. Wang and K. wang (2010) “Heuristic portfolio optimization inknowledge management.” Communicationand Cognition,
- M. Cheng, Y. Wang, Y.Chen and K. Wang (2010) “Technical riskmodelling in complex, large-scale products”, International Journal of Informationtechnology and Security, ISSN 1313-8251, Vol. 4, pp. 3 – 19.
- Y. Wang, (2009)“Intelligent Cultural Network Analysis”, International Marketing Review, Special Issue: Globalisation andRegionalisation, Vol. 26, No. 4/5ISSN: 0265-1335, pp 542-553, Emerald. (IMF 1.865, ABS3*).
- Y. Wang, (2008) “Applying dynamic causal mining inretailing”, Researchjournal of Computer science and computer engineering with applications, No. 37, pp 55-61, ISSN 1870-9044.
- Y. Wang and S.Mathai (2008) “Intelligent information retrieval”, SCIT journal for information technology, Vol.8,pp. 1-14, ISSN: 0974-5076
- Y. Wang, (2008) “Applying Dynamic Causal Mining in Game Theoretical Analysis”, International Journalof Mathematics, Game Theory and Algebra, Volume 18, issue 2, pp 107-120.ISSN: 1060-9881, Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Y. Wang and K. Kailasanathan (2008) “Applying Dynamic Causal Miningin medical management”, International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics, Idea Group Inc. vol. 3, No.4, pp 17-38
- Y. Wang, (2007) “Integrationof data mining with game theory”, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, Vol. 18, No.4, pp. 505-511. ISSN: 0956-5515.Springer. (IMF 1.731)
Refereed Conference papers
- Yi Wang, (2017) The challenges and promises of big data - an engineering perspective (keynote),IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Mengjia Qi , Lilan Liu ,Renfei Ma , Yi Wang, (2017) Lightweight design of LED street lamp based on response surface method, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Kang Wang, Qing Zhang, ChenZheng, Yi Wang, (2017) Simulation Analysis of Rotor Indirect Field Oriented Vector Control System For AC Induction Motor In Low Speed Electric Vehicles,IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Shuai Li,·Lilan Liu,·Yiping Wu, Yi Wang,(2017) The Algorithm Knowledge Base for Steel Production Process Optimization,IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Jin Yuan, Yi Wang and Kesheng Wang, (2017) Deep Learning Approach to Multiple Features SequenceAnalysis in Predictive Maintenance, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12thSeptember 2017.
- Zhongwei Rao, Bowen Feng,Lilan Liu, Yi Wang, (2017) Equipment Condition Monitoring System Based onLabVIEW, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Chen Wang, Baorui Li, Yi Wang, Kesheng Wang, (2017) A modified teaching and learning based optimization algorithm and application in deep neural networks optimization for electro-discharge machining, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Kesheng Wang and Yi Wang,How AI Affects the Future Predictive Maintenance: A Primer of Deep Learning,IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Baorui Li , Yi Wang,Kesheng Wang, Jinghui Yang, Lilan Liu, (2017) A Study on a Novel Application ofEye Tracking Technology in Product Customization, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China11-12th September 2017.
- Quan Yu, Kesheng Wang, JanOla Strandhagen, Yi Wang, (2017) Application of Long Short-Term Memory NeuralNetwork to Sales Forecasting in Retail – A Case Study, IWAMA2017, Changshu,China 11- 12th September 2017.
- Baorui Li; Kesheng Wang andYi Wang. A Novel Method for the Evaluation of Fashion Product Design Based onNeuro Analysis. In: Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research,Vol. 24, pp. , Atlantis Press 2016. (ISBN 978-94-6252-243-5
- C. Raras, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015) Cross-cultural study: Value perception on fashion luxury purchase, Proceedings of IWAMA 2015, WIT Press, Norway
- E. Trimble, Yi Wang, R. Kennon (2015), The Analysis of Consumer Behaviour by Fusing EEG and Eye-Tracking Data, Proceedings of IWAMA 2015, WIT Press, Norway .
- M. kamal, Yi Wang, R. Kennon, (2015)Redesigning cultural product by applying quality function deployment, Proceedings of IWAMA 2015, WIT Press, Norway
- B. Li, Y. Wang, E. Trimble and K. Wang (2015), Data fusion and analysis techniques of Neuromarketing, Proceedings of IWAMA2015, WIT Press, Norway
- Y. Wang (2015), The Introduction of Neuro Operation Management – AProduct Design Perspective, Keynote inProceedings of IWAMA 2015, Proceedings of IWAMA 2015, WIT Press, Norway
- C.Raras, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015) A cultural study of value perception in luxury purchase. International society forengineering research and design. Bali, Indonesia:
- M. Kamal, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015) Applying house of quality in Malay sarong design.: Global Alliance of Marketing & Management Associations: University of Florence, Florence, Italy
- E.Trimble, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015)The Analysis of Consumer Behaviour By Fusing EEg And Eye-Tracking Data. The European Marketing Academy, Aarhus,Denmark
- C.Raras, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015)Value perception on fashion luxury purchase in individualistic andcollectivistic country. Global Fashion Management Conference. Florence, Italy
- Y. Wang.(2014) Comparison of management strategies forsustainable fashion supply chain – with focus on environmental risk. Global Fashion Management Conference. London:FASHIONLAND Co., Ltd.
- Y. Wang andA.M. Lindstrom. (2014) Disposition Strategies within Value-Optimizing Returns Management. International workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation. Norway: Tapir forlag:2014.
- X. Song, Y. Wang and R. Kennon. (2014) Improving Linguistic Communication in Fashion. 11thInternational CIRCLE Conference. Manchester, UK
- N. Moreira, D. Aït-Kadi, D. R.sVieira, A. Romero, L. A. de Santa-Eulalia, Y.Wang. (2014) Integrating Eco-design and PLM in the Aviation Completion Industry: A Case Study. ProductLifecycle Management for a Global Market. Springer Berlin Heidelberg: 2014.
- 25. M. Kim, Y. Wang and R. Kennon. (2014)Investigation of consumer value perceptions of luxury fashion brands. Global Fashion Management Conference. London.
- N.Moreira, Y. Wang and R. Kennon. (2014)The development of products: dealing with the high-end consumer requirements ondesigning ecologically driven textile products. Global Fashion Management Conference. London: Fashionland Co., Ltd
- Y. Wang and Siyue Zhao. (2013) Cultura lAnalysis in Fashion: A Study Of The Cultural Influence On Chinese ConsumerBehaviour. EIASM Fashioning Management,AntwertpBelgium
- Y. Wang, Quan Yu, and Kesheng Wang. (2013) Extracting associative rules from RFID data. International JointConference on e-Business and Telecommunications. Germany: Springer
- Y. Wang. (2013) Integrating association mining with quality function deployment. 2ndCambridge Academic Design Management Conference. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge
- L. chirici, Y. Wang,k. Wang (2012)A tailor made RFID-fuzzy model based model to optimize thewarehouse management. International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation. Trondheim, Norway: TapirForlag
- Y. Wang (2012) Intelligent cultural analysis. International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation. Trondheim, Norway: Tapir Forlag
- . Y.Wang, L. Liu and K. Wang (2012)”Swarm Intelligence (SI) for Decision Support”, EWG-DSS -2012 Workshop ,April 12-13, Liverpool, UK
- Y. Wang, S.Kerridge, P. Smith, S. Foster and S. Trowell ( 2011) “Integration of CERIF, ESB and Cloud in the Development of a National Global Research and Administrative Management System”, The Fifth Metadata and SemanticsResearch Conference, Oct, 12th -14th, Izmir, Turkey
- Y. Wang, (2010) “Intelligent Quality Function Deployment (QFD) - A Novel Approach to Integration ofMarketing and Manufacturing”, International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (IWAMA), 25-26 September, Shanghai.
- Hongze Ma and Y. Wang, (2010) Sustainable Supply Chains inthe Multi-polar World International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (IWAMA), 25-26 September, Shanghai
- Y. Wang, “Intelligent-branding management”, (2010) 6th Thought Leaders International Conference in Brand Management, Lugano,Switzerland, April 18-20.
- Y. Wang and K. Wang, (2009) Portfolio Management using Particle Swarm Optimization in Knowledge Management.International Conference on e-learning and the Knowledge Society, pp 33-39, Berlin,4-5.Sept.
- Y. Wang (2008)“Dealing with information overload in marketing”, Academy of MarketingAnnual Conference, pp 55-60, Aberdeen, July
- Guo, B., Y., Wang,Smart, P. R., Shadbolt, N. R., Nixon, M. S. and Damarla, R. (2007)Approaching Semantically-Mediated Acoustic Data Fusion. In: 1st Annual Conference of the International Technology Alliance (ACITA), 25-27 September, Maryland, USA
- Guo, B., Y., Wang,Smart, P. R., Shadbolt, N. R., Nixon, M. S. and Damarla, R. (2007) AcousticData Fusion. In: Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), 29-31October, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Y. Wang, (2006),"Game theory and data mining", in Proceedings of PROLAMT 2006,International Conference ofIFIP TC5, Springer, ISBN: 10: 0-387-34402-0, pp.234-255
- D. T. Pham, Y. Wang, S. Dimov (2006)“Incorporating delay and feedback in intelligent manufacturing strategyselection”. Proc 2nd Int Virtual Conf on Intelligent Production Machines andSystems. Oxford: Elsevier. pp 246-252.
- D.T. Pham, Y. Wang,S. Dimov (2005) “Intelligent manufacturing strategy selection”, Proc 1st IntVirtual Conf on Intelligent Production Machines and Systems. Oxford:Elsevier, pp 356-360.Cardiff, June.
Y. Wang (2017), Intelligentfashion supply chain, Taylorand Francis. in progress
K.Wang and Y. Wang (2012) Data miningfor zero-defect manufacturing, Springer,ISBN 978-82-519-2776-5
L. Oxborrow and Y. Wang (2008) Operations management for business students,Peasron, ISBN 9780857761057
1. Y. Wang and Wang, K. (2010)“Intelligent Manufacturing Systems.” , Handbook of Technology Management. JohnWiley & Sons, ISBN 978-0-470-24950-5.
2. Y. Wang, C. Yun and K. Wang(2009) “A Case Study of Genetic Algorithms for Quay Crane Scheduling”:Opportunities and Challenges for next Generation Applied Intelligence. Springer2009 ISBN 978-3-540-92813-3. pp.119-125.
3. Y. Wang, (2008) “Applying Dynamic Causal Mining in E-government”, Social and Political Implications ofData Mining: Knowledge Management in E-Government, Niagara Falls, NY: IGIPublishing, pp. 287-310.
4. K. Wang, and Y. Wang (2008)“Applying Genetic Algorithms to optimize the cost of multiple sourcing supply chain systems – An industry case study. I: Success in Evolutionary Computation.Springer 2008 ISBN 9783540762850. s. 355-372
5. Y. Wang, (2008) “Applying FuzzyLogic in Dynamic Causal Mining“. In Handbook of Research on Fuzzy Information Processing in Databases. Hershey, PA, USA: Information Science Reference. pp345-365.
9 th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation
21 – 22 November 201 9
Plymouth University , Plymouth, UK
FirstAnnouncement and Call for Papers
IWAMA – International Workshop ofAdvanced Manufacturing and Automation – is an important internationalworkshop for academic and industrial experts in the fields of advancedmanufacturing and automation and will be organized as an annual eventworldwide. Manufacturing and automation have assumed paramount importance andare vital factors for the maintenance and improvement of the economy of anation and the quality of life. The field of manufacturing and automation isadvancing at a rapid pace and new technologies are also emerging in the field.The challenges faced by today’s engineers are forcing them to keep on top ofthe emerging trends through continuous research and development.
IWAMA aims at providing a commonplatform for academics, researchers, practicing professionals and experts fromindustries to interact and discuss trends and advances in some areas ofmanufacturing and automation while sharing ideas and perspectives.
These are the main topics of IWAMA2018, but the topics are not limited to these. Authors should select 2-3 topics when they submit their papers.
1. Robotics and Automation
2. chemical process equipment
3. Parallel mechanism and manipulator
4. Computational Intelligence
5. Design and Optimization
6. Product Life-cycle Management
7. Integration of CAD/CAPP/CAM/CIMS
8. Advanced Manufacturing Systems
9. Manufacturing Operations Management
10. Knowledge-based Manufacturing
11. Manufacturing Quality Control and Management
12. Sustainable Production
13. Diagnosis and Prognosis of Machines
14. Industry 4.0
15. Lean and Agile Manufacturing
16. Virtual and Grid Manufacturing
17. Resource and Asset Management
18. Logistics and Supply Chain Management
19. Fashion Logistics and Marketing
20. RFID Applications
21. Predictive Maintenance
22. Reliability and Maintainability in Manufacturing
23. Project Management
24. Renewable Energy Development
25. Knowledge management and Decision making
26. Intelligent Inspection
Submission of papers
Authors are invited to submit their papers presenting the results of original research or innovative practical applications relevant to the workshop. The papers should be min. 6 and max. 8 pages. Pages over 8 will be charged additionally. The paper should be written in English according to the paper template, which can be downloaded from IWAMA website (http://www.iwama.com). The paper should be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The presentation at the workshop should not exceed 15 minutes. Full papers can be submitted to Kesheng Wang (email@example.com) or IWAMA website. We also make a poster session and industry session.
Each paper will be peer-reviewed by two experts and all accepted papers will be published as a proceedings in Lecture Notes of Electrical Engineeringon (LNEE) by Springer, which will be indexed by EI compendex. Selected papers will be considered for publication in an expanded form in relevant international journals, such as Advances in Manufacturing, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Application of Expert systems or others indexed by EI or SCI.
Registration and fees
Regular and audience registration fees include:
· Regular registration:£300
· Audience registration: £100
· Additional paper: £150
· Additional sheet: £40
· Poster paper: £120
· Admission to all sessions
· Workshop kit
· Refreshment in coffee breaks
· Lunches and conference dinners
*Regular and poster papers are included in the Proceedings.
Visa – If requested, our workshop secretariat will provide an invitation letter to the participant to present together with the visa request to make the visa procedure simpler and faster.
Venue – The workshop will take place in Plymouth University, Plymouth, UK.
Accommodation & travel informationAttendees will be suggested to book the hotel proposed later on.
Visitors arrive at London Heathrow Airport, and then may take a train or bus to the hotel in Plymouth City.
Daily temperature in September in Plymouth is about 10 °C.
First announcement 15.11 2018
Paper submission deadline 30.07 2019
Acceptance notification 01.08 2019
Final camera ready paper submission 15.08 2019
Minglun Fang, Kesheng Wang and Jan Ola Stradnagen
Yi Wang, Kristian Martinsen and Tao Yu
Jan Ola Strandhagen, Norway
Kesheng Wang, Norway
Odd Myklebust, Norway
Per Schjølberg, Norway
Knut Sørby, Norway
Erlend Alfnes, Norway
Heidi Dreyer, Norway
Torgeir Welo, Norway
Kristian Martinsen, Norway
Hirpa L. Gelgele, Norway
Wei D. Solvang, Norway
Yi Wang, UK
Chris Parker, UK
Jorge M. Fajardo, Spain
Maria J. Calle, Spain
Torsten Kjellberg, Sweden
Fumihiko Kimura, Japan
Gustav J. Olling, USA
Michael Wozny, USA
Byoung K. Choi, Korea
Wladimir Bodrow, Germany
Guy Doumeingts, France
Van Houten, Netherlands
Peter Bernus, Australia
Janis Grundspenkis, Latvia
George L. Kovacs, Hungary
Rinaldo Rinaldi, Italy
Gaetano Aiello, Italy
Romeo Bandinelli, Italy
Yafei He, China
Jawei Bai, China
Jinhui Yang, China
Dawei Tu, China
Minglun Fang, China
Binheng Lu, China
Xiaoqien Tang, China
Ming Chen, China
Xinguo Ming, China
Keith C. Chan, China
Meiping Wu, China
Lanzhoung, Guo, China
Xiaojing Wang, China
Jin Yuan, China
Yongyi He, China
Chaodong Li, China
Cuilian Zhao, China
Chuanhong Zhou, China
Jianqing Cao, China
Yayu Huang, China
Shirong Ge, China
Guijuan Lin, China
Shanming Luo, China
Dong Yang, China
Zumin Wang, China
Guohong Dai, China
Sarbjit Singh, India
Vishal S. Sharma, India
Hongjun Ni, China
Ziqian Zhou, China
Jianqien Chao, China
Zhengyu Hong, China
Yi Wang(Chair), Jonathan Moizer, Stephen Childe, Ziqiang Zhou, Jin Yuan, Zhenyu Hong, Oleksandr Semeniuta and Ivanna Baturynska
Oleksandr Semeniuta firstname.lastname@example.org