Dr Yi Wang
Lecturer in Knowledge Management & Business Decision Making
Plymouth Graduate School of Management & Plymouth Business School
2008.04: PhD, Manufacturing Engineering Centre, Cardiff University, Wales, UK.
2005-2007: Organizer and co-chair, Iproms, Cardiff University
2005 –present: UK Chapter System Dynamics Society
2007- present: Academy of Marketing, UK
2008-present: East MidlandsExcellence Network, UK
2008-present: British Academy ofManagement
2008-present: European Network for Teaching, Research andInnovations
2008 –present: International TechnologyAlliance in Network and Information Science
2012- present: International textile association
IUG3002 Global Enterprise (18/AU/M)
Grants & contracts
2018-2020: Erasmus+– Jean Monnet, Economic Aspects of the Energy efficiency of EU countries, (59946,75 €)
2018-2020: Partnership with BMW mini, Big data analysis for internal logistics transparency, UK (£1,000)
2018: Bangladesh Government research fund: Big data in Eco-fashion management (£56,000)
2018: Arabic national institute of maritime research: Big data for Maritime Logistics Transparency (£50,000)
2017: Plymouth Eye tracking Research lab, Vision lab, (£3000)
2017: Erasmus /Socrates staff mobility Grant: Big data analysis in Maritime logistics (€ 3,000)
2016: European cooperation inScience and technology, IntelligentRFID in supply chain management (€ 130K)
2016: Knowledge Transferpartnership with TobiiTechnology AB, UK (£100,000)
2015-2017: Erasmus key action1: ICT Game development forBecybersafe (€ 130,000)
2015: Knowledge Transferpartnership with Diamond-engineering,UK (£100,000)
2014:Erasmus /Socrates staff mobility Grant: Advanced RFID research in fashion logistics ( € 1,000)
2013: IndonesianNational fund for foreign education: Eco-fashion management (ca. £56,000, 1 PhD scholarship)
2013: MalaysianGovernment fund: Eco-fashionmanagement (ca. £56,000, 1 PhD scholarship)
2013: BrazilianNational Education Fund: Eco-fashionmanagement (ca. £56,000, 1 PhD scholarship)
2013: EPSRCDoctoral Training Fund: Theprediction of Consumer behaviour through data fusion (ca. £30,000, 1 Phd scholaship)
2013: Erasmus/Socrates staff mobility Grant: "Advanced RFID research in fashion logistics" (€ 1,000)
2012: Erasmus/Socrates staff mobility Grant, “Intelligentfashion supply chain”, (€ 3,000)
2012: Europeancooperation in Science and technology, Green Engineering Camp, “RFID Data Mining for forest supply ChainManagement” (€ 1,500)
2010-2011,JISC/Hefce, “Research managementand administration system”, (£1,0M)
2008- 2010: Erasmus /Socrates education Grant, “IntelligentSupply Chain management” (€ 5,000)
2008 - 2010: EU Erasmus Life Long Learning programme“European Thematic Network Teaching, Research and Innovation in ComputingEducation /ETN TRICE” €2.0m)
- L. Ze, Y. Wang, K.Wang, J. Yuan (2018) A deep learning driven method for fault classification and degradation assessment in mechanical equipments, Computers in Industry, (ABS 3*, IMF: 2.85) (Accepted)
- H. Ma, Y. Wang and K. Wang. Automatic detection of false positive RFID readings using machine learning algorithms (2018) Expert Systems with Applications, Vol 91, pp 442-451 (ABS 3*, ImpactFactor: 3.928)
- B. Li, Y. Wang, K.Wang. (2017) A novel method for the evaluation of fashion product designbased on data mining, Advances in manufacturing, Vol.5 issue 4, pp 370-276 https://doi.org/10.1007/s40436-017-0201-x(H index 8)
- Z, Li, Y. Wang and K. Wang (2017) A data driven method based on deep belief networks for backlash error prediction in machine centres, Journal of intelligent manufacturing (Impact factor 3.02), DOI:10.1007/s10845-017-1380-9
- Z, Li, Y. Wang and K. Wang (2017) Intelligent predictive maintenance for fault diagnosis and prognosis in machine centres: Industry 4.0 scenario. , Advances in manufacturing, Vol.5, issue 4, pp 377-387https://doi.org/10.1007/s40436-017-0203-8 (H index 8)
- Y. Wang, H. Ma, J.Yang and K. Wang. (2017) Industry 4.0: a way from mass customization to mass personalization production. Journal of Advances in Manufacturing, Vol 5, Issue4, pp 311 - 320, Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40436-017-0204-7 (H index 8)
- H. Ma, Y. Wang, K. Wang and Z. Ma. (2017) The optimization forhyperbolic positioning of UHF passive RFID tags. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol 14 (4), pp 1590-1600. (Impact Factor: 3.502)
- C. Wang, Y. Wang and K. Wang, (2017) An improved biogeography/complex algorithm based o decomposition for many-objective optimization, International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ImpactFactor 1.699)
- C. Wang, Y. Wang and K.Wang, An Improved Hybrid Algorithm Based on Biogeography/Complex and Metropolisfor Many-Objective Optimization (2017) Mathematical Problems in Engineering (Impact Factor 0.802)
- Moreira N, de Santa-Eulalia L, At-Kadi D, Wood- Harper T, Y. Wang (2015) A conceptual frameworkto develop green textiles in the aeronautic completion industry: a case studyin a large manufacturing company. Journalof Cleaner Production, Volume 105, Pages 371–388. Elsevier (IMF 4.959)
- R. Rayyaan, Y. Wang,R. Kennon. (2014) Ontology-based interoperability solutions for textile supplychain. Advances in Manufacturing, June2014, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp 97-105, Springer
- Z. Zhang, Y. Wang and K. Wang. (2013)Intelligentfault diagnosis and prognosis approach for rotating machinery integratingwavelet transform, principal component analysis, and artificial neuralnetworks. Int J Adv Manuf Technol. Volume68, Issue 1, pp 763-773, Springer (IMF 1.568)
- Z. Zhang, Y. Wang, K. Wang (2012) Fault diagnosis and prognosisusing wavelet packet decomposition, Fourier transform and artificialneural network, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Volume 24, Issue 6, pp 1213-1227, Springer.(IMF 1.995)
- H. Zhu.,Y. Wang, K. Wang , Y. Chen (2011) “Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO)for the constrained Portfolio Optimization Problem”, Expertsystem with application, Elsevier.Volume 38, Issue 8, Pages 10161-10169, Elsevier (IMF 2.981, ABS 3*)
- Y. Wang (2010) “Challenges in semantic branding”, Journalof digital marketing, Research science press, Vol. 1. No. 1, pp. 1-14.
- Y. Wang and K. wang (2010) “Heuristic portfolio optimization inknowledge management.” Communicationand Cognition,
- M. Cheng, Y. Wang, Y.Chen and K. Wang (2010) “Technical riskmodelling in complex, large-scale products”, International Journal of Informationtechnology and Security, ISSN 1313-8251, Vol. 4, pp. 3 – 19.
- Y. Wang, (2009)“Intelligent Cultural Network Analysis”, International Marketing Review, Special Issue: Globalisation andRegionalisation, Vol. 26, No. 4/5ISSN: 0265-1335, pp 542-553, Emerald. (IMF 1.865, ABS3*).
- Y. Wang, (2008) “Applying dynamic causal mining inretailing”, Researchjournal of Computer science and computer engineering with applications, No. 37, pp 55-61, ISSN 1870-9044.
- Y. Wang and S.Mathai (2008) “Intelligent information retrieval”, SCIT journal for information technology, Vol.8,pp. 1-14, ISSN: 0974-5076
- Y. Wang, (2008) “Applying Dynamic Causal Mining in Game Theoretical Analysis”, International Journalof Mathematics, Game Theory and Algebra, Volume 18, issue 2, pp 107-120.ISSN: 1060-9881, Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Y. Wang and K. Kailasanathan (2008) “Applying Dynamic Causal Miningin medical management”, International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics, Idea Group Inc. vol. 3, No.4, pp 17-38
- Y. Wang, (2007) “Integrationof data mining with game theory”, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, Vol. 18, No.4, pp. 505-511. ISSN: 0956-5515.Springer. (IMF 1.731)
Refereed Conference papers
- Yi Wang, (2017) The challenges and promises of big data - an engineering perspective (keynote),IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Mengjia Qi , Lilan Liu ,Renfei Ma , Yi Wang, (2017) Lightweight design of LED street lamp based on response surface method, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Kang Wang, Qing Zhang, ChenZheng, Yi Wang, (2017) Simulation Analysis of Rotor Indirect Field Oriented Vector Control System For AC Induction Motor In Low Speed Electric Vehicles,IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Shuai Li,·Lilan Liu,·Yiping Wu, Yi Wang,(2017) The Algorithm Knowledge Base for Steel Production Process Optimization,IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Jin Yuan, Yi Wang and Kesheng Wang, (2017) Deep Learning Approach to Multiple Features SequenceAnalysis in Predictive Maintenance, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12thSeptember 2017.
- Zhongwei Rao, Bowen Feng,Lilan Liu, Yi Wang, (2017) Equipment Condition Monitoring System Based onLabVIEW, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Chen Wang, Baorui Li, Yi Wang, Kesheng Wang, (2017) A modified teaching and learning based optimization algorithm and application in deep neural networks optimization for electro-discharge machining, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Kesheng Wang and Yi Wang,How AI Affects the Future Predictive Maintenance: A Primer of Deep Learning,IWAMA2017, Changshu, China 11-12th September 2017.
- Baorui Li , Yi Wang,Kesheng Wang, Jinghui Yang, Lilan Liu, (2017) A Study on a Novel Application ofEye Tracking Technology in Product Customization, IWAMA2017, Changshu, China11-12th September 2017.
- Quan Yu, Kesheng Wang, JanOla Strandhagen, Yi Wang, (2017) Application of Long Short-Term Memory NeuralNetwork to Sales Forecasting in Retail – A Case Study, IWAMA2017, Changshu,China 11- 12th September 2017.
- Baorui Li; Kesheng Wang andYi Wang. A Novel Method for the Evaluation of Fashion Product Design Based onNeuro Analysis. In: Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research,Vol. 24, pp. , Atlantis Press 2016. (ISBN 978-94-6252-243-5
- C. Raras, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015) Cross-cultural study: Value perception on fashion luxury purchase, Proceedings of IWAMA 2015, WIT Press, Norway
- E. Trimble, Yi Wang, R. Kennon (2015), The Analysis of Consumer Behaviour by Fusing EEG and Eye-Tracking Data, Proceedings of IWAMA 2015, WIT Press, Norway .
- M. kamal, Yi Wang, R. Kennon, (2015)Redesigning cultural product by applying quality function deployment, Proceedings of IWAMA 2015, WIT Press, Norway
- B. Li, Y. Wang, E. Trimble and K. Wang (2015), Data fusion and analysis techniques of Neuromarketing, Proceedings of IWAMA2015, WIT Press, Norway
- Y. Wang (2015), The Introduction of Neuro Operation Management – AProduct Design Perspective, Keynote inProceedings of IWAMA 2015, Proceedings of IWAMA 2015, WIT Press, Norway
- C.Raras, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015) A cultural study of value perception in luxury purchase. International society forengineering research and design. Bali, Indonesia:
- M. Kamal, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015) Applying house of quality in Malay sarong design.: Global Alliance of Marketing & Management Associations: University of Florence, Florence, Italy
- E.Trimble, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015)The Analysis of Consumer Behaviour By Fusing EEg And Eye-Tracking Data. The European Marketing Academy, Aarhus,Denmark
- C.Raras, Yi Wang, R. Kennon. (2015)Value perception on fashion luxury purchase in individualistic andcollectivistic country. Global Fashion Management Conference. Florence, Italy
- Y. Wang.(2014) Comparison of management strategies forsustainable fashion supply chain – with focus on environmental risk. Global Fashion Management Conference. London:FASHIONLAND Co., Ltd.
- Y. Wang andA.M. Lindstrom. (2014) Disposition Strategies within Value-Optimizing Returns Management. International workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation. Norway: Tapir forlag:2014.
- X. Song, Y. Wang and R. Kennon. (2014) Improving Linguistic Communication in Fashion. 11thInternational CIRCLE Conference. Manchester, UK
- N. Moreira, D. Aït-Kadi, D. R.sVieira, A. Romero, L. A. de Santa-Eulalia, Y.Wang. (2014) Integrating Eco-design and PLM in the Aviation Completion Industry: A Case Study. ProductLifecycle Management for a Global Market. Springer Berlin Heidelberg: 2014.
- 25. M. Kim, Y. Wang and R. Kennon. (2014)Investigation of consumer value perceptions of luxury fashion brands. Global Fashion Management Conference. London.
- N.Moreira, Y. Wang and R. Kennon. (2014)The development of products: dealing with the high-end consumer requirements ondesigning ecologically driven textile products. Global Fashion Management Conference. London: Fashionland Co., Ltd
- Y. Wang and Siyue Zhao. (2013) Cultura lAnalysis in Fashion: A Study Of The Cultural Influence On Chinese ConsumerBehaviour. EIASM Fashioning Management,AntwertpBelgium
- Y. Wang, Quan Yu, and Kesheng Wang. (2013) Extracting associative rules from RFID data. International JointConference on e-Business and Telecommunications. Germany: Springer
- Y. Wang. (2013) Integrating association mining with quality function deployment. 2ndCambridge Academic Design Management Conference. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge
- L. chirici, Y. Wang,k. Wang (2012)A tailor made RFID-fuzzy model based model to optimize thewarehouse management. International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation. Trondheim, Norway: TapirForlag
- Y. Wang (2012) Intelligent cultural analysis. International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation. Trondheim, Norway: Tapir Forlag
- . Y.Wang, L. Liu and K. Wang (2012)”Swarm Intelligence (SI) for Decision Support”, EWG-DSS -2012 Workshop ,April 12-13, Liverpool, UK
- Y. Wang, S.Kerridge, P. Smith, S. Foster and S. Trowell ( 2011) “Integration of CERIF, ESB and Cloud in the Development of a National Global Research and Administrative Management System”, The Fifth Metadata and SemanticsResearch Conference, Oct, 12th -14th, Izmir, Turkey
- Y. Wang, (2010) “Intelligent Quality Function Deployment (QFD) - A Novel Approach to Integration ofMarketing and Manufacturing”, International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (IWAMA), 25-26 September, Shanghai.
- Hongze Ma and Y. Wang, (2010) Sustainable Supply Chains inthe Multi-polar World International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (IWAMA), 25-26 September, Shanghai
- Y. Wang, “Intelligent-branding management”, (2010) 6th Thought Leaders International Conference in Brand Management, Lugano,Switzerland, April 18-20.
- Y. Wang and K. Wang, (2009) Portfolio Management using Particle Swarm Optimization in Knowledge Management.International Conference on e-learning and the Knowledge Society, pp 33-39, Berlin,4-5.Sept.
- Y. Wang (2008)“Dealing with information overload in marketing”, Academy of MarketingAnnual Conference, pp 55-60, Aberdeen, July
- Guo, B., Y., Wang,Smart, P. R., Shadbolt, N. R., Nixon, M. S. and Damarla, R. (2007)Approaching Semantically-Mediated Acoustic Data Fusion. In: 1st Annual Conference of the International Technology Alliance (ACITA), 25-27 September, Maryland, USA
- Guo, B., Y., Wang,Smart, P. R., Shadbolt, N. R., Nixon, M. S. and Damarla, R. (2007) AcousticData Fusion. In: Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), 29-31October, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Y. Wang, (2006),"Game theory and data mining", in Proceedings of PROLAMT 2006,International Conference ofIFIP TC5, Springer, ISBN: 10: 0-387-34402-0, pp.234-255
- D. T. Pham, Y. Wang, S. Dimov (2006)“Incorporating delay and feedback in intelligent manufacturing strategyselection”. Proc 2nd Int Virtual Conf on Intelligent Production Machines andSystems. Oxford: Elsevier. pp 246-252.
- D.T. Pham, Y. Wang,S. Dimov (2005) “Intelligent manufacturing strategy selection”, Proc 1st IntVirtual Conf on Intelligent Production Machines and Systems. Oxford:Elsevier, pp 356-360.Cardiff, June.
Y. Wang (2017), Intelligentfashion supply chain, Taylorand Francis. in progress
K.Wang and Y. Wang (2012) Data miningfor zero-defect manufacturing, Springer,ISBN 978-82-519-2776-5
L. Oxborrow and Y. Wang (2008) Operations management for business students,Peasron, ISBN 9780857761057
1. Y. Wang and Wang, K. (2010)“Intelligent Manufacturing Systems.” , Handbook of Technology Management. JohnWiley & Sons, ISBN 978-0-470-24950-5.
2. Y. Wang, C. Yun and K. Wang(2009) “A Case Study of Genetic Algorithms for Quay Crane Scheduling”:Opportunities and Challenges for next Generation Applied Intelligence. Springer2009 ISBN 978-3-540-92813-3. pp.119-125.
3. Y. Wang, (2008) “Applying Dynamic Causal Mining in E-government”, Social and Political Implications ofData Mining: Knowledge Management in E-Government, Niagara Falls, NY: IGIPublishing, pp. 287-310.
4. K. Wang, and Y. Wang (2008)“Applying Genetic Algorithms to optimize the cost of multiple sourcing supply chain systems – An industry case study. I: Success in Evolutionary Computation.Springer 2008 ISBN 9783540762850. s. 355-372
5. Y. Wang, (2008) “Applying FuzzyLogic in Dynamic Causal Mining“. In Handbook of Research on Fuzzy Information Processing in Databases. Hershey, PA, USA: Information Science Reference. pp345-365.