Dr Robert Merrison-Hort
Lecturer in Embedded Systems
School of Computing, Electronics and Mathematics (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
- Lecturer in Embedded Systems
- PhD Computing, Plymouth University, 2014
- MRes Robotics, Plymouth University, 2011
- BSc (hons) Computer Science, The University of Warwick, 2007
- Module leader for "ELEC350: Advanced Embedded Programming" (2015 - 2016)
- Lecturer for "SOFT253: Embedded Programming, Compilers, Languages and Grammars" (2015 - 2016)
- Teaching assistant for "MATH3405: Non-linear Systems" (2011 - 2014)
- Teaching assistant for "MATH1504: Numerical and Computational Methods" (2012 - 2015)
- Teaching assistant for "AINT303: Neural Computation" (2011 & 2012)
Merrison-Hort R. (2015) "Fireflies: New software for interactively exploring dynamical systems using GPU computing", International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 25(13), 1550181.
Li W-C., Merrison-Hort R., Zhang H-Y. and Borisyuk R. (2014) "The Generation of Antiphase Oscillations and Synchrony by a Rebound-Based Vertebrate Central Pattern Generator", The Journal of Neuroscience, 34(17), 6065-6077.
Roberts A., Conte D., Hull M., Merrison-Hort R., al Azad A.K., Buhl E., Borisyuk R. and Soffe S.R. (2014) "Can Simple Rules Control Development of a Pioneer Vertebrate Neuronal Network Generating Behavior?", The Journal of Neuroscience, 34(2), 608-621.
Merrison-Hort R.J. and Borisyuk R. (2013) "The emergence of two anti-phase oscillatory neural populations in a computational model of the Parkinsonian globus pallidus", Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, 7(173).
Merrison-Hort R.J., Yousif N., Njap F., Hofmann U.G., Burylko O. and Borisyuk R. (2013) "An Interactive Channel Model of the Basal Ganglia: Bifurcation Analysis under Healthy and Parkinsonian Conditions", The Journal of Mathematical Neuroscience, 3(14).