Mr Paul Watson
Teaching and Research Associate
School of Computing, Electronics and Mathematics (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- The application of 2D and 3D art in modern computer game engines (Unity, Unreal). Specialisation in optimising graphics for mobile and VR development as well as enhancing traditional art with digital tools to create a variety of visualisations.
- Design process for project development with a focus towards interactive systems and computer game production.
- Teaching And Research Associate
Content delivery for modules and workshops within the Computer Game Development course:
- AINT154 Immersive Induction - Game Art
- AINT152 Games Workshop
- AINT253 Design process
- AINT355 Industry Engagement
- Currently studying PGCAP for fellowship accreditation.
Keywords: 3DUI, User Experience, Virtual Reality, Game Technology Applications, Virtual Learning Environments
Exploring the learning affordances of virtual learning environments through popular and emerging technology platforms like mobile and virtual reality. Utilising games technologies to attain improved memory recall, memory retention and topic understanding through the manipulation of visual elements and spatial cognition within virtual worlds.
29/06/2016 - Teaching and Learning Conference - Plymouth University
Presented Recovery Position prototype and current research findings at the Games and Simulation thread.
23/06/16 - 24/06/16 Sustainable Earth 2016 - Plymouth University
Demonstrated two technological applications of game technologies to aid training and development (R.O.V experience, Recovery Position prototype) developed by the Interactive Systems Studio team.
26/04/2016 - Cognovo Conference - Plymouth University
Aided creation and demonstration of virtual reality tadpole spinal cord visualisation.