Mr Matthew Dark
I currently hold the position of Graduate Intern Sports Partnerships and Scholarships in the External Relations department. In my role I am responsible for coordinating a number of non-academic University partnerships, particularly those relating to sport and active leisure.
It is my job to ensure that associated reputational,recruitment, student experience and research benefits are realised. Alongside the Partnership and Stakeholder Engagement Student Intern and the Partnerships and Community Engagement Manager I:
· Coordinate the Sporting Excellence Scholarship scheme and provide tactical marketing and communications support.
· Coordinate partnership meetings, identifying and progressing opportunities, monitoring, reporting and connecting the outcomes.
· Am the main point of contact for partners and stakeholders, providing effective solutions to ensure expectations are managed.
· Produce marketing and communications materials for the promotion of our partnerships and scholarships activities, engaging with multiple audiences on behalf of our various partners and stakeholders.
· Raise awareness of the breadth, impact and contribution of the partnerships and collaboration with Plymouth University.
· Work closely with colleagues across the wider External Relations directorate and beyond, including UPSU.
Graduated from Plymouth University with a BSc (Hons) in Animal Behaviour and Welfare
I came to Plymouth University in 2011 to study Animal Behaviour and Welfare. During my time at University I was heavily involved with the Students’ Union, particularly through sport. During my final year I was Chairman of Swimming & Water Polo and Underwater Hockey as well as the Raising and Giving Treasurer.
I decided to run for VP Sport in my final year due to my involvement in sports and the Students’ Union. I won the election and became VP Sport and Deputy President for the academic year 2015/16. During this time I carried out many tasks, hosted large competitions that Plymouth had never held before and created the ‘Out in Sport’ campaign, raising awareness of LGBT within sport.
During my time as VP Sport, I worked closely with the External Relations department, bringing the student voice to the partnerships and scholarships. I thoroughly enjoyed my year in post and couldn’t think of abetter way to carry on engaging with students, making each individual welcome during their time at university.