- Floor 2, Marine Building, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 8AA
Mr Kris Inch
School of Biological and Marine Sciences (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
PhD Student - School of Marine Science and Engineering (Faculty of Science and Environment)
"Extreme Storm Response on Sandy Beaches"
- Funded by ICS 2013 (Plymouth University)
- Supervised by Dr Mark Davidson (DoS), Prof Gerd Masselink and Prof Paul Russell
- MSc Applied Marine Science [Distinction]
- Dissertation - 'An Investigation of Cross-Shore Velocity Profiles, Bed Shear Stress and Friction in the Swash Zone of a High Energy, Macrotidal Beach'
- Awarded - Plymouth Marine Laboratory award for outstanding achievement and best research project
- BSc (Hons) Geography
- Dissertation - 'Spatial and Temporal Variability of Rip Currents on a High Energy, Macrotidal Beach and Implications for Beach Safety: Bude, England'
British Society for Geomorphology
Inch, K., Masselink, G., Puleo, J., Russell, P., and Conley, D., 2015. Vertical structure of near-bed cross-shore velocities in the swash zone of a dissipative beach. Continental Shelf Research, 101, 98-108.