- B504 Portland Square, Drake Circus
Dr Kate Schofield
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
2019 - Present Post-Doctoral Research Fellow - University of Plymouth
2017 - 2019 Visiting Research Fellow - Manchester Metropolitan University
2017 - 2019 Environmental Scientist - Angus International Safety Group
2016 - 2017 Environmental Scientist: Ecotoxicology - Unilever, Safety and Environmental Assurance Centre
2015 - 2016 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow - University of Plymouth
2011- 2015 PhD - Environmental Science - University of Plymouth.
- Thesis title: A biogeochemical study of nutrient dynamics in artificial soil.
2008 - 2011 BSc(hons) First Class - Environmental Science - University of Reading
MRSC - Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
My research interests focus on the use of analytical techniques for the examination of biogeochemical processes within natural and human influenced environments.
My specific research areas are:
- The development of manufactured soils from waste materials.
- Biogeochemical processes within natural and anthropogenically-influenced environments.
- Nutrient dynamics and concentrations across various environmental matrices.
- The environmental fate and toxicity of industrial and consumer chemicals (e.g. PFAS and UV-filters).
- The development of environmental risk assessment practices.
Key publications are highlightedJournals