Miss Jane Collingwood
Clinical Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences
Peninsula Dental School (Faculty of Health)
Jane Collingwood is a Clinical Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences at Peninsula Dental School. She has taught at the dental school since the very first cohort of students, firstly as a clinical supervisor in SDLE and then as an NIHR ACF in primary care before becoming a full time lecturer.
She is currently completing a PhD in Vitamin D, UVB and Oral Health and her teaching interests cover Life Sciences in Dentistry, Simulated Dental Learning Environment, Interprofessional Education and Digital Technologies in Dental Education
She is particularly interested in the use of 3d printing to create simulation training models for dentistry and regularly presents on her work in this area.
BchD Leeds University 2001
MFDS RCS England 2003
MJDF RCS England 2008
DPDS BUOLD Bristol 2008
DTTLS Certificate in Education, Plymouth University 2011
Certificate in Clinical Education Plymouth University 2013
Certificate in Implant Dentistry Uclan 2014
Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy 2019
Royal College of Surgeons England
Association of Dental Educators Europe ADEE
- When to Refer to a Dentist and How to Treat When You Don’t. Pulse (General Medical Practitioner Journal) 2006; Vol 66: 16: 58-59. Storey M. Collingwood J. Dyer P
- Methotrexate and Oral Ulceration. British Dental Journal 2005; 198:83-85. Deeming G. Collingwood J. Pemberton M
- Supervisor for student project and co-author of poster presented by student group, which successfully won best poster in Interprofessional Education Category at Association of Dental Education Conference 2019, Berlin.
- August 2017 Winner of Best Poster Technology Enhanced Learning ADEE Conference, Vilnius
- May 2017 Recipient of Santander Internationalisation Scholarship Funding to travel NYU Dental School for IPE collaboration and research visit.
Verbal Presentation: Applications of emerging technologies in dental teaching- 3D printing
ADEE Vilnius 2017: Poster and verbal presentation, A reproducible approach to model simulated molar occlusal caries for student teaching and assessment using innovative technology. Prize winner
- Poster Presentation IADR Dubrovnik: Vitamin D, UVB and oral health. September 2014
- Speaker, Digital Dentistry Workshop Lead and Rounds Table Contributor British Council Funded Workshop “ Towards the Digital Hospital “ Lima, Peru 2019
- Speaker at Harvard Dental School Symposium on a use of new technologies in an integrated curriculum, 2018.
- Poster Presentation Vitamin D Workshop 2018: Increased Exposure To UVB Radiation Via Sunshine Is Associated With Lower Prevalence And Severity Of Dental Caries.
- Invited Speaker at TCT 2017 3D printing show: presentation about the use of 3D printing in dental education.
- 3d printing in Dental Education, Presentation, Association of Basic Science Teachers in Dentistry: Plymouth 2017
- Successful Session Contributor to Workshop “Interprofessional Education in Biomedical Sciences” 2019 Association of Dental Education Conference 2019, Berlin.
- June 2019 Invited to participate in British Council Funded Workshop Lima, Peru “Towards the Digital Hospital”. Presentation on the use of 3D Printing in Dental Education, Workshop on Digital Dentistry and Round Table Discussion on The Digital Hospital.
- June 2018 Presented at Harvard Dental School on An Integrated Curriculum symposium- use of new technologies in SDLE- as part of IPE team from PDS.
- Attendance and contributor at ADEE Consensus Statement on the Current Status of the value of Haptic Simulation in Dentistry Workshop, Leeds University 2018.
Reports & invited lectures
Other academic activities