Teaching & Support Assistant
School of Biomedical Sciences (Faculty of Health)
PhD Researcher (School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics) and Teaching & Support Assistant (School of Biomedical Sciences). Member of Antibiotic Resistant Pathogens Research Group.
- Member of Microbiology Society.
- Member of Society for Applied Microbiology.
- Member of British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy.
- Member of Royal Society of Biology (MRSB).
- I have had teaching and demonstrating roles on the modules BHCS1006 Infection & Immunity, BHCS1001 Biomedical Investigation and Experimentation, BIOM5005 Project Design and Development, and BHCS2006 Infection, Immunity and Disease.
- I have completed the 'Supporting Assessment, Learning & Teaching' (SALT) workshop (November 2018).
- I have previous experience as a PALS (Peer-Assisted Learning Scheme) Leader and Senior Leader (2015-2017).
I have previously completed the following research projects:
- "Live and heat-killed lactobacilli and their DNA modulate pro-inflammatory cytokine responses in differentiated macrophages" with Dr Andrew Foey (MSc project; 2017-2018).
- "Investigating mosaic tetracycline resistance genes with further analysis of a potentially novel mosaic" with Dr Philip Warburton (undergraduate dissertation project; 2016-2017)
- "How do neural stem cells wake up? An investigation of potentially involved molecular signals" with Dr Claudia Barros (Summer research studentship; 2015).
Other academic activities
- Member of Antibiotic Resistant Pathogens Research Group.
- Member of Microbial Diagnostics and Infection Control Research Group.
- Member of MAterials and STructures (MAST) Research Group.
- I have acted as a peer reviewer for the journal Access Microbiology.
- Senior Fire Marshal for the Derriford Research Facility and John Bull Building, along with Dr Paul Waines.