Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Member of Microbiology Society.
- Member of Society for Applied Microbiology.
- Member of the Royal Society of Biology (MRSB).
- I have had teaching and demonstrating roles on the modules BHCS1006 Infection & Immunity, BHCS1001 Biomedical Investigation and Experimentation, BIOM5005 Project Design and Development, and BHCS2006 Infection, Immunity and Disease.
- I have completed the 'Supporting Assessment, Learning & Teaching' (SALT) workshop (November 2018).
- I have previous experience as a PALS (Peer-Assisted Learning Scheme) Leader and Senior Leader (2015-2017).
I have previously completed the following research projects:
- "Live and heat-killed lactobacilli and their DNA modulate pro-inflammatory cytokine responses in differentiated macrophages" with Dr Andrew Foey (MSc project; 2017-2018).
- "Investigating mosaic tetracycline resistance genes with further analysis of a potentially novel mosaic" with Dr Philip Warburton (undergraduate dissertation project; 2016-2017)
- "How do neural stem cells wake up? An investigation of potentially involved molecular signals" with Dr Claudia Barros (Summer research studentship; 2015).
Butler, J., Upton, M., Farnham, G. and Besinis, A. Antimicrobial nanocoatings in medicine and dentistry. Manuscript in preparation.
Warburton, P. J., Butler, J. and Roberts, A. P. Characterisation of novel mosaic tetracycline resistance genes comprising tet(M) and tet(O). Manuscript in preparation.