- Room 202, Cookworthy Building, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 8AA
Mr Ian Deamer
Lecturer in Human Resources Management
Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Business)
- I am Associate Head of School for Employability
- I have teaching responsibilities for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes,
- I contribute to the Human Resources and Leadership Group,
- I am resonsible for academic placements
- I research in the area of employability issues
- I am a consultant specialising in Organisation Development
A busy and rewarding set of roles.
BA (Hons) Psychology
MSc. Research and Professional Studies in Education
Human Resources - All topic areas.
Leadership and Management
Social Entreprise - Social Entreprenuership
Universities and Employability
Wisdom and Tacit Knowledge
Improving working lives
Research degrees awarded to supervised students
Master in Business Management
Master in Buisness Administration
1995 Deamer, I, ‘Consideration of the evidence for images and alternative forms of mental representation’, New Psychologist, (1995)
1996 Deamer, I, ‘Implications of Unconscious Learning for Organisational Based Training’. Journal of Research in Post Compulsory Education, Volume 1, No. 1, (1996)
2004 Deamer, I and Earle, L, ‘Searching for Entrepreneurship’, Industrial and Commercial Training, Volume 36, Issue 3, pp 99 – 103, (2004)
Other academic activities
I have worked as a consultant in the UK and on International assigmnemnts. My work has been for private and public sector organistions.
I have considerable expertise in assessment and development centres and competency frameworks.
I am qualified at BPS level A and B for psychological testing.
I am qualified to use MBTI and Saville Wave