Dr Helen Nicholson
Lecturer in Paramedic Practice (Education)
School of Health Professions (Faculty of Health and Human Sciences)
Paramedic Lecturer and Admissions Tutor for the BSc Paramedic Practitioner.
Helen is a registered paramedic having undertaken a Foundation Degree in Paramedic Sciences at St George's, University of London. Before training to be a paramedic Helen undertook a PhD in Biological Sciences at Imperial College London. This followed on from a MSc in Applied Biology and a BSc in Biology also at Imperial.
- Plymouth University (Ongoing)
- PostgraduateCertificate in Academic Practice
- St George’s,University of London (2008-2011)
- Foundation Degree inParamedic Sciences
- Imperial CollegeLondon (2004-2008)
- PhD in BiologicalSciences (Timber Storage and Fungal Ecology)
- Imperial CollegeLondon(2003-2004)
- MSc in ForestProtection and Conservation (Applied Biological Sciences)
- ImperialCollege London (2000-2003)
- BSc Biology 2003 (second class)
Helen is registered as a Paramedic with the Health and Care Professions Council and a member of the College of Paramedics.
Helen has a particular interest in the teaching of clinical decision making.