Dr Doyo Enki
Research Fellow in Medical Statistics
Dr Doyo Gragn Enki joined Plymouth University in June 2013 as a Research Fellow in Statistics. Previously, he worked as Research Associate at The Open University, UK (2011-2013), where he studied his PhD. He also held a Lecturer position at Jimma University, Ethiopia (2000-2004), and also worked as Statistician at Development Bank of Ethiopia (1997-2000).
He is currently engaged in research and teaching at Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry.
2011 - PhD in Statistics, The Open University, UK.
Thesis title: Interpretable and fast dimension reduction of multivariate data
Supervisors: Dr Nickolay Trendafilov and Prof Frank Critchley
2007 - MSc. in Biostatistics (with distinction), Hasselt University, Belgium
2006 - MSc. in Applied Statistics (with distinction), Hasselt University, Belgium
2004 - MSc. in Statistics, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
1996 - BSc. in Statistics, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
AFHEA, Higher Education Academy (2016)
Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society
Clinical decision making
- Randomised clinical trials
- Systematic reviews and Meta-Analysis
- Diagnostic tests
Survival data analysis
Key publications are highlightedJournals
Conference talks and posters
· Comparison of statistical algorithms for the detection of infectious disease outbreaks, International Conference of the Royal Statistical Society, 7 - 10 September 2015, Exeter University, UK.
· Statistical models for biosurveillance of multiple organisms, the 2012 International Society for Disease Surveillance (ISDS) conference, San Diego, USA, 4-5 Dec 2012.
· Statistical models for biosurveillance: an empirical investigation, 33rd Annual Conference of the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics, Bergen, Norway, 19-23 August 2012.
· Evaluation of statistical algorithms for the detection of infectious disease outbreaks, 32nd Annual Conference of the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics, Ottawa, Canada, 21-25 August 2011.
· Sparse principal components by semi-partition clustering, International Conference of the Royal Statistical Society, 13-17 September 2010, Brighton, UK.
· A semi-partition approach to gene clustering, 31st Annual Conference of the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics, 29 August - 2 September 2010, Montpellier, France.
· Sparse eigengenes by semi-partitioning clustering method, Workshop on Sparse structures: statistical theory and practice, 16-18 June 2010, University of Bristol, UK.
· Penalized varimax, 16th International Meeting of the Psychometric Society, 20-24 July 2009, St. John's College, Cambridge, UK.
· Sparse and interpretable components, Sparsity in Machine Learning and Statistics, 1-3 April 2009, Cumberland Lodge, UK.
· Interpretable dimensionality reduction for data of high dimension, 31st Research Students' Conference, 31 March - 1 April, 2008, University of Nottingham, UK.
· A time-varying shared frailty model with application to infectious diseases, Meeting on Probability Distributions and Statistical Models for Reliability and Survival Analysis, 30 May 2014, Brunel University, London, UK.