Mr Diego Bruciaferri
Teaching and Support Assistant
School of Biological & Marine Sciences (NC)
- Research project: Numerical modelling of shelf seas
- Supervisors: Prof. Georgy I. Shapiro (DoS), Prof. Tal Ezer, Dr. Fred Wobus
- Challenge leader: Prof. G. I. Shapiro (http://emodnet-blacksea.eu/portfolio/coasts/)
- Thesis: Study of a wind-wave numerical model and its integration with an ocean and an oil-spill numerical models
- Supervisors: Prof. Nadia Pinardi, Dr. Michela De Dominicis
- Thesis: Implementation of an ocean numerical model to study the dispersion dynamics, in the marine environment, of a cooled and chlorinated seawater discharge coming from a LNG-FSRU terminal
- Supervisor: Dr. Aniello Russo
Teaching assistant for:
During my MSc and research assistant positions at the Italian National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV) I worked on the implementation and coupling of Eulerian ocean and waves numerical models as well as the development and improvement of Lagrangian passive and active tracer models.
- Bruciaferri, D., Shapiro, G.I. & Wobus, F. A multi-envelope vertical coordinate system for numerical ocean modelling. Ocean Dynamics (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10236-018-1189-x
- M. De Dominicis, D. Bruciaferri, R. Gerin, N. Pinardi, P.M. Poulain, P. Garreau, G. Zodiatis, L. Perivoliotis, L. Fazioli, R. Sorgente, C. Manganiello, A multi-model assessment of the impact of currents, waves and wind in modelling surface drifters and oil spill, Deep Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography, Volume 133, 2016, Pages 21-38, ISSN 0967-0645, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.dsr2.2016.04.002
- F. Trotta, E. Fenu, N. Pinardi, D. Bruciaferri, L. Giacomelli, I. Federico, G. Coppini, A Structured and Unstructured grid Relocatable ocean platform for Forecasting (SURF), Deep Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography, Volume 133, 2016, Pages 54-75, ISSN 0967-0645, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.dsr2.2016.05.004.
- G. Zodiatis, M. De Dominicis, L. Perivoliotis, H. Radhakrishnan, E. Georgoudis, M. Sotillo, R.W. Lardner, G. Krokos, D. Bruciaferri, E. Clementi, A. Guarnieri, A. Ribotti, A. Drago, E. Bourma, E. Padorno, P. Daniel, G. Gonzalez, C. Chazot, V. Gouriou, X. Kremer, S. Sofianos, J. Tintore, P. Garreau, N. Pinardi, G. Coppini, R. Lecci, A. Pisano, R. Sorgente, L. Fazioli, D. Soloviev, S. Stylianou, A. Nikolaidis, X. Panayidou, A. Karaolia, A. Gauci, A. Marcati, L. Caiazzo, M. Mancini, The Mediterranean Decision Support System for Marine Safety dedicated to oil slicks predictions, Deep Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography, Volume 133, November 2016, Pages 4-20, ISSN 0967-0645, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.dsr2.2016.07.014.
- G. I. Shapiro, R. Manasrah, I. Gertman and D. Bruciaferri. The effect of different types of water column structure on the sea level in the Dead Sea. Geophysical Research Abstracts. Vol. 20, EGU2018-19780, April 2018.
- D. Bruciaferri, G. I. Shapiro and F. Wobus (2018), ,An Advanced Vertical Coordinate System to Improve the Representation of the Oceanic Transport in Regional Non-Isopycnal Ocean Models. Abstract 310863 presented at 2018 Ocean Sciences Meeting, Portland, OR, 12-16 Feb.
- D. Bruciaferri, G. I. Shapiro and F. Wobus, The development of an advanced vertical discretisation scheme for a regional ocean model. Geophysical Research Abstracts. Vol. 19, EGU2017-7276, April 2017.
- D. Bruciaferri, G. I. Shapiro, F. Wobus, A coupled ocean-wave modeling system to investigate the role of the wave-induced turbulence on the Cold Intermediate Water formation in the Black Sea - The scientific approach, NPOP conference, Bristol (UK), April 2016 (poster).
- M. De Dominicis, N. Pinardi, D. Bruciaferri, S. Liubartseva, Numerical modelling for real-time forecasting of marine oil pollution and hazard assessment, EGU assembly 2015.
- D. Bruciaferri and the MEDSLIK-II System Team, 2016. MEDSLIK-II, Lagrangian marine surface oil spill model, User Manual, Version 1.02, 2015, http://medslikii.bo.ingv.it/.
- B. B. Romain, P. A. Bouttier, C. Bricaud, D. Bruciaferri, J. Chanut, S. A. Ciliberti, E. Clementi, A. Coward, D. Delrosso, C. Ethé, S. Flavoni, T. Graham, J. Harle, D. Iovino, D. Lea, C. Lévy, T. Lovato, G. Madec, N. Martin, S. Masson, P. Mathiot, S. Mocavero, G. Nurser, E. O’Dea, J. Paul, C. Rousset, D. Storkey, A. Storto, 2016, Main achievements for NEMO evolution during MyOcean period, Mercator Ocean Journal, 54