Dr Craig Newman
Centre for Clinical Trials & Health Research - Translational & Stratified Medicine (Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry)
· Senior Research Fellow (PUPSMD)
· Mobile Health TechnologyInnovations Lead (PUPSMD)
· Group Lead - Neuro-CognitiveResearch Centre (www.neurocore.org.uk)
· NHS Innovation Accelerator Fellow (NHSEngland)
· Principal Clinical Psychologist (Derriford Hospital,Plymouth, Neuropsychology)
· Associate PsychologyLecturer(Plymouth University)
o Professional Skills(Innovation beyond clinical practice)
o Research Skills
- BSc Hons Psychology - Stirling University (2000)
- PhD - Behavioural Economics and Addition - Keele University (2008)
Assessment and adjustment of decision making impairment in heroin addicts, via a
software based simulated decision making intervention.
- DClinPsych - Plymouth University (2012)
Assessment of executive functioning, in dementia, via a mobile tablet based translation of the Trail Making Test.
· Computerised cognitiveassessment
· Clinical softwarearchitecture
· Usability research
· Digital eHealthinnovations project management
Health Professionals Counsel
Chartered Clinical Psychologist (BPS)
Division of Clinical Psychology (CPsychol)
- Clinical Neuropsychology (MPsych & DClin)
- Professional practice (DClin)
- Clinical research skills (DClin)
- Psychology of participation (clinical trials) (NHS Research Nurses)
The development and implementation of:
- computerised applicationswhich support cognitive assessment, clinical assessment and self-assessment ofneurodegenerative conditions.
- computerised patient self-management apps - self-monitoring, self-triage and treatment triggering systems.
Current studies (click link)
Current software development (click link)
Key publications are highlightedJournals