- Room 207, Mast House, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 8AA
Dr Chitalu Kabwe
Lecturer in Human Resource Studies
Plymouth Graduate School of Management and Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Business)
Lecturer in Human Resource Studies
Fellow- Higher Education Academy (HEA)
HRM, Strategic HRM, IHRM, HRD/Learning and Development, Talent management, Career Management
My main research interest is broadly in the area of International HRM, specifically, talent management, learning and development and cross -cultural management
- Research Centre for Sustainable Leadership, Governance and Policy (SLGP)
- Kabwe, C. B and Ehret, A. (2015) An exploration of the contribution of talent management to organisational performance in German SMEs’ Paper presented at the 1st Global IHRM conference held at the Center for International Human Resource Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, USA, May 14th -15th.
- Kabwe, C.B. (2014) ‘The efficacy of talent and talent management for international business’ presented at the 14th Annual Conference of the European Academy of Management (4th-6th June 2014) held at the University of Valencia, Spain.
- Kabwe, C. B. (2013) The fracture in talent management: A case of misalignment of expectations.Presented at the 2nd EIASM Talent Management Workshop held at EIASM Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium- October 8th-9th (Submitted for consideration to the Journal of World Business).
- Kabwe, C. B. (2013) ‘Conceptualising talent management: an explanation in variations of the use of the concept among European internationally operating firms’Paper presented at the 1st Global IHRM conference held at the Center for International Human Resource Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, USA, May 9th-10th.
- Kabwe, C.B. (2010) ‘Talent as human capital: a critical review of conceptualisation of talent.’ accepted for presentation at the British academy of management as a developmental paper.
- Kabwe, C. B. (2010) ‘Talent management in practice: Three case studies of renowned European international firms.’ Paper presented at the 37th AIB annual conference, UK and Ireland Chapter (8th-10th April 2010).
- Kabwe, C.B. (2009) International talent management in practice: trends and challenges. Presented at the 12th Irish Academy of Management Conference September 2009
- Kabwe, C. B. (2009) ‘Talent management in practice: the challenges of internationally operating organisations’. Presented at the BAM September 2009 Conference
- Kabwe, C.B. (2009) ‘Talent management in practice: the case of European internationally operating businesses.’ (Working paper- accepted for presentation at the 10th International HRM conference held in New Mexico, Santa Fe, 24-26th June 2009).
- Kabwe, C. B. (2009) ‘Talent management in practice: how European internationally operating businesses manage the expectations of employees being talent managed.’ Paper presented at the 36th AIB annual conference, UK and Ireland Chapter (2nd-4th April 2009). Paper short-listed for the ‘Michael Z. Brooke Doctoral Prize: for the best paper’
- Kabwe, C. B. (2008) Conceptualizing talent management. A literature Review paper presented at the 11th Irish Academy of Management Conference (September 2008)
- Kabwe, C. B. (2008) ‘Talent management a theoretical perspective’. A literature review paper presented at the first Lancashire Business School doctoral colloquium (May, 2008)
Journal of Management Inquiry (November 2015)
Kabwe, C. B. and Perkins, G. ‘The role of talentmanagement in promoting individual innovative behaviour’ (Under Review)
European journal of international Management
Kabwe, The efficacy of talent and talent managementfor international business (Under Review).
Kabwe, C. B.‘The fracture in talent management: A case of misalignment of expectations.
Kabwe, C.B. Conceptualisingtalent management: an explanation in variations of the use of the concept amongEuropean internationally operating firms’
Kabwe c. B.Talent Management in an egalitarian culture.Kabwe C.B. andEhret, A. Exploring the link between organisational performance and talentmanagement in German MSEs
CurrentResearch Activities· Collaborative research:Currently working on a research project with Ms Ann-Christine Ehret aconsultant at Ernst and Young, Germany. The focus is on ‘Exploring the linkbetween organisational performance and talent management in German medium sizeenterprises which provide about 70% of the jobs in Germany and 80% of thejob-training opportunities in one of the world’s strongest economy.