Mr Bowen Duan
School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
I'm a full-time PhD student in Probability and Statistics at Yunnan University, China.
From September 2021 to December 2022, I was a joint PhD student at Chinese Academy of Science under the supervision of Prof. Fuzhou Gong.
From January 2023 to June 2024, I am a visiting PhD student in Statistics at University of Plymouth, sponsored by the China Scholarship Council (CSC), under the supervision of Prof. Yinghui Wei.
- MSc in Computational Matehmatics, Xi'an Polotechnic University, China, 2016-2019.
- BSc in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Xi'an Polotechnic University, China, 2012-2016.
- Member of Chinese Mathematical Society (S010015453M)
- Member of China Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (2600075S)
- Member of Chinese Association for Applied Statistics (I042500456A)
- Member of Yunnan Society of Applied Statistics in China
I served as the main lecturer of the Course "Calculus" in Xijing University(China) from 2019 to 2020.
My main research interest is the application and development of probabilistic and statistical methods in the analysis of biological big data, with a focus on statistical methods for large-scale high-dimensional data.
My current research focuses on:
- Dimensionality Reduction and Clustering Algorithms in Computational Biology
- Data Science in Biomedicine
- Computational Intelligent Algorithm (Firefly Algorithm etc.)
Other academic activities
- Participate in the 3rd National Big Data and Artificial Intelligence Science Conference in Chengdu, China, July 9-11, 2021.
- Participate in the 4th National Probability and Statistics Young Scholars Conference in Xuzhou, China, October 22-24, 2021.
- Participate in Biostatistics Summer Study at Peking University, China, July 4-15, 2022.