Mr Andy Grace
Research Assistant Administrator
Peninsula Medical School
Currently a Research Assistant Administrator for Collaboration for the Advancement of Medical Education Research and Assessment and Associate Lecturer at University of Plymouth Institute of Education with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion particularly with LGBTQ students.
Experience in coordinating international research projects in Israel and the Palestinian Territories as well as coordinating research projects in the U.K. as part of Research Assistant role at University of Plymouth.
Confident and proficient in public speaking having presented at several National Conferences on the issues of diversity in Higher Education and bilingual education in Israel and the Palestinian Territories.
- Recipient of the Roland Levinsky Memorial Award Funds for further research into democratic education in Israel & the Palestinian Territories.
- Recipient of University of Plymouth Deans Award for Academic Achievement
-Winner of Plymouth Institute of Education Outstanding Dissertation Awards
- Recipient of PedRIO Fellowship award
- Twice nominated for National Student Employee of the Year.
University of Plymouth
British Education Studies Association (BESA) - Scholarship
- Guest Speaker to first year students on the issue of heteronormativity in education, also touching on HIV Education
- Guest Lecturer to third year students on the impact of Section 28 and HIV/AIDS on British Education
- Guest Speaker to second year students on Democratic Education in Israel
- Guest Speaker to third year students on heteronormativity and homophobia in education and wider society
- Spoke at BESA Conference 2014 with Dr Suanne Gibson on Diversity in Higher Education and focus group experience
- 2015 Winner of Deans Award for Academic Achievement from University of Plymouth
- 2015 Recipient of Roland Levinsky Award for continuing research in Israeli Democraic Education
- 2014-15 PedRIO Group recipient for funded project on "Becoming A Student"