Miss Amy McSweeny
Media and Communications Officer
Communication Services (External Relations)
My main responsibilities are:
- Compiling, writing and editing the weekly Staff Bulletin before distributing to all University staff (NB: if you have a request for a feature please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Exploring new internal communications channels and collaborating on their effective implementation
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases related to: the Faculty of Health and Human Sciences; UPSU; recreation: University-wide events; External Relations; and partnerships including Plymouth Argyle, Help for Heroes and Crowdfunder
- Providing professional advice and support to colleagues in dealing with the media, including attending relevant events
- Acting as the first point of contact for media enquiries, liaising with relevant University personnel and drafting and providing a reactive statement if necessary
- Participating in committees, working and advisory groups to provide media and communications support as necessary
- BA (Hons) English at Plymouth University 2007-2010
- Reporter at South Hams Newspapers 2012-2013
- Publicity Officer at The Mare and Foal Sanctuary 2014-2015
Within all of my roles I have been responsible for writing first-class, engaging copy to meet tight deadlines. I've covered subject matter ranging from crime to concert reviews, and horse welfare to healthy eating.
I've also written for internal audiences, engaging staff as much as possible through the channels available, while exploring new channels for possible implementation.
I look forward to meeting and working with as many people as possible in the University to help deliver their communications goals. Any questions, please feel free to ask.