Ms Alana Jiang-Weston
Student Intern (Partnerships)
I am the current Partnership and Stakeholder Engagement Student Intern in the External Relations Partnership Office. My role is truly varied where no two days are the same; however my main role is working as an integral part of a small team in supporting their work with a portfolio of external partners as well as working on institutional agendas such as sustainability and community engagement. My role also extends to the Sporting Excellence Scholarship programme where I help manage the programme and be a main point of contact for our scholars.
As well as supporting the Partnerships and CommunityEngagement Manager and the Graduate Intern Partnerships and Scholarships I:
- Representthe team on Plymouth University and partnership committees and at events suchas Open Days
- Create andproduce promotional material in traditional and digital form
- Build andutilise our social media presence on Twitter: @plymunisport and @drakesplaceand on Facebook: Sporting Excellence with Plymouth University and Drake’s PlaceProject, Plymouth
- Co-ordinate activities involving student engagement to enhance thePlymouth student experience
- Supportthe directorate with general administrative duties, including reviewingdepartment mailboxes on a regular basis, responding to requests be email andtelephone, acting as a point of contact for enquiries and implementing newprocesses
I started Plymouth University in 2014 and I am studying BA (Hons) Business Studies on a four year course also known as a ‘Sandwich Course’. I am currently on placement with the university, working in the External Relations Partnership Office which I am thoroughly enjoying and I have already learnt so much being here since June. I am really excited to see what the rest of my placement year brings as I have some very exciting projects coming up.