Advance your knowledge of the internal organisation of a construction company, the technical components of the building process, as well as the managerial aspects involved in the completion of construction projects by experiencing them first-hand.
You'll receive advice and guidance to arrange your own placement, including preparation for the selection process and the placement itself. Teaching staff will support you on your placement to ensure that you're receiving a valuable learning opportunity. Our links with industry will help you find a suitable placement that will enhance your studies and may lead to future employment.
What are the benefits of a placement year?
- Many placements lead to permanent work and useful relationships with potential future employers and personal networks.
- Industrial experience can really stand out on your CV and you will be better placed to compete against other new graduates each year.
- Gain professional knowledge and skills that will help you towards the successful completion of your final year of study, particularly in your dissertation.
- Learn and develop valuable work-related skills, which you’ll be able to evidence on your CV and at interview.
- Develop your occupational awareness and gain an appreciation for potential future career paths.