About the award
The Lord Forte Foundation was founded in 1987 by the late Charles Forte, Baron Forte of Ripley, and has been supporting the wider hospitality industry ever since.
The Lord Forte Foundation Scholarship Award (LFFSA) was established within the University of Plymouth Hotel School in 2015 to benefit students wishing to pursue a career in the hospitality industries. The scholarship may be used for developmental or academic purposes.
Five scholarship awards worth £1000 each are available every year.
Lord Charles Fort
Who can apply?
The application process is open to stage two or final year students on one our undergraduate Hospitality programmes:
- BSc (Hons) Hospitality Management
- BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Management
- BSc (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management
Students undertaking a paid employment placement are not eligible to apply.
Why should I apply?
- You can receive £1000 in one academic year in addition to any other funding you also may have in place.
- The application process is simple and is worth completing to give you a chance at some very useful additional funding.
- Scholarship funding might give you the opportunity to work fewer part time hours and to therefore pursue a stronger degree outcome.
- Along with the financial grant, Scholars also have the opportunity to gain work experience and enhance their CV working within the Hotel School academic team to promote our programmes to applicants at events throughout the year.
The five winners will be selected by Mandy Aggett, a member of staff from the tourism and hospitality team along with trustees of the Lord Forte Foundation.