Inspiring responsible entrepreneurship
Futures enables individuals and organisations to innovate and thrive responsibly.
We achieve this by:
- creating opportunities
- improving livelihoods
- challenging expectations.
- connecting and collaborating locally, nationally and globally
- nurturing and educating the entrepreneurs of tomorrow
- researching for the future of entrepreneurship
- advocating responsible entrepreneurship.
Who we are:
Based at MAST House, the Futures Entrepreneurship Centre is part of the
Plymouth Business School. It was created to produce
world-class interdisciplinary research, and advance unique entrepreneurial
teaching and learning opportunities.
What we do:
Our aim at Futures is to enable opportunities,
improve livelihoods and incite prosperity. We develop enterprising competencies
and an entrepreneurial mind-set among students, graduates, universities,
communities and organisations, tackling socio-economic problems worldwide
through high quality research and enhancing mutual relations between people. We
enhance the economic potential of the Southwest region in the UK, boost
employability, and enable innovation and transformation of business and
societal structures, both locally and globally.
How we do it:
- By building academic expertise around social
entrepreneurship, sustainable entrepreneurship and social innovation.
- By collaborating with partners to increase the
impact of our research.
- By applying the findings of our research in a
practical and tangible manner.
- By implementing thoughtfully developed
programmes for students, communities and professionals to enhance employability
and entrepreneurial performance.
Futures has a mission and academic statement. Download the statement in PDF format.
Everything we do at Futures is guided by six principles.