About Peninsula Dental Social Enterprise
PDSE has adopted the following statement which forms the underlying principle for its community engagement activities:
The company’s activities will provide benefit to...
- Members of the community in Devon and Cornwall requiring dental treatment, other clinical and non-clinical services and other relevant information.
- Students and other members of the community who require education and training in dentistry and related clinical and non-clinical services.
- Teaching and training
- Community engagement
- Providing dental treatment
- Education about oral health
- Other related activities
- Improved education
- Improved health
- Reduced oral health inequalities
Peninsula Dental Social Enterprise CIC - Principles of Community Engagement
About Community Interest Companies
CICs are limited companies with special additional features, created to conduct business, or other activity, for community benefit and not for private advantage.
This is achieved by a ‘community interest test’ and an ‘asset lock’, which ensure that the CIC is established for community purposes to which the assets and profits are dedicated.
Registration of a CIC has to be approved by the Regulator who also has a continuing monitoring and enforcement role. For more about CICs visit: www.bis.gov.uk/cicregulator.