The Centre for Humanities, Music and Performing Arts
Supporting the work of over fifty academics across English, Creative Writing, History, Art History, Theatre, Dance, Performing Arts and Music.
The centre was established in 2009 to recognise the research excellence within the School of Humanities and Performing Arts.Visit the HuMPA website
Art History with the School of Humanities and Performing Arts
Want to learn more about past and present art? Train towards a career in the arts with art history.
Art History at Plymouth is a lively specialist subject, taught by tutors who are world-leading experts in their field.Learn more about art history with Plymouth University
Dance, Theatre and Performance with the School of Humanities and Performing Arts
A distinctive voice in British dance training.
With the School of Humanities and Performing Arts your studies will be informed by the research, training and creative practice of our teaching team.Discover opportunities within dance, theatre and performance
Find your voice with English and creative writing
Feed your interest in literature, sharpen your critical & analytical skills & make your own choices about how you study & practise creative writing.
"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body" - Joseph Addison 'The Tatler', 1709Read more about English and creative writing
History with the School of Humanities and Performing Arts
Discover your future as you uncover the past…
Work alongside internationally recognised researchers and access world-class resources while studying History with us.Find more information about our history programmes
Music with the School of Humanities and Performing Arts
Join a community that combines world-leading research in computer music and its applications, with a range of taught courses
Our exciting degrees encompass performance, composition, arrangement, recording, psychology, and the contextual study of a wide range of styles.Discover more about our music courses
Interdisciplinary Centre for Computer Music Research (ICCMR)
Cutting-edge research in topics including the interface between music, computers, and the brain within a vibrant contemporary music community.
Access our well-equipped studios, open plan lab and annual research seminar series.Find out more about the centre and what we do
The Young Explainers Programme
Experience is invaluable when it comes to securing employment in arts. Get involved with the Young Explainers programme at Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery, and get a headstart in your career.
Enhance your career prospects with practical experience of working in culture, heritage and business.Find out more about the Young Explainers programme.
Peninsula Arts, Plymouth's space for arts and culture
Hosting Plymouth’s largest contemporary art gallery, the Jill Craigie Cinema and the brand new performing arts centre The House, we champion new innovations across all art forms.
We're open to everyone, all year round inspiring visitors from across the city, the South West and beyond, to discover and enjoy the arts.Find out what is taking place today
- BA (Hons) Acting (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Art History (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Dance (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) English (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) English and Creative Writing (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) English with French (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) English with History (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) English with Publishing (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) English with Spanish (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Fine Art and Art History (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) History (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) History with English (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) History with International Relations (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) History with Politics (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Music (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Theatre and Performance (Full-time)
- MRes Computer Music (Full-time)
- MA Creative Writing (Full-time)
- MRes Dance (Full-time)
- MRes English (Full-time)
- MA English and Culture (Full-time)
- MA English Literature (Full-time, Part-time route available)
- MA English Literature (Part-time)
- MA History (Full-time)
- MA Performance Training (Full-time)
- MFA Performance Training (Full-time)
- MRes Theatre and Performance (Full-time)