- Learn about coastal Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) in the South West of England.
- Learn about the geographical characteristics of each site.
- Learn to interpret data from graphs.
- Reflect on existing approaches for coastal conservation.
- Reflect on possible future approaches to future conservation.
- Internet (for further research and to download the case studies).
- Outdoor clothes if venturing out to the sites.
- An interest in coastal knowledge and graphs would be desirable.