An emergency first aid course designed to meet the needs of those involved in the care of babies and young children and is OFSTED approved.
Continual assessment will take place throughout the 12 hour course. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded a Paediatric First Aid certificate which is valid for three years.
What you will learn
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious child, baby or adult
- Carry out CPR on a child, baby or adult
- Recognition and treatment of shock and choking
- Control bleeding
- Recognise and deal with a wide range of injuries, major medical conditions and childhood illnesses
- Use and maintain first aid kits
How to apply
When dates have been confirmed you will be able top purchase this course via the University's estore.
Please contact email@example.com or pop into Thomas Pitts Hall for more information