The benefits of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP)
A key aim of a KTP project is to be of benefit to all partners: company, University, graduate and ultimately, through wealth-creation, the UK as the Grant provider.
The five year 2011-2016 KTP national statistics show average benefits accruing as follows:
- £60k increase in pre-tax profit during the lifetime of the project.
- £600k per annum increase in pre-tax profit for the three years following completion of the project.
- £650k per annum increase in exports for the three years following completion of the project.
- Invested £300k in plant and machinery.
- Invested £160k in further research and development.
- Created two new jobs.
- Trained 20 staff.
- Four new research projects initiated.
- Two papers published in refereed journals.
- Two of other articles published.
- 64 per cent of KTP Associates are offered jobs by the company partner post KTP completion.