The benefits of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP)
A key aim of a KTP project is to be of benefit to all partners: company, University, graduate and ultimately, through wealth-creation, the UK as the Grant provider.
The five year 2011-2016 KTP national statistics show average benefits accruing as follows:
- £60k increase in pre-tax profit during the lifetime of the project
- £600k per annum increase in pre-tax profit for the three years following completion of the project
- £650k per annum increase in exports for thethree years following completion of the project
- invested £300k in plant and machinery
- invested £160k in further research and development
- created two new jobs
- trained 20 staff
- four new research projects initiated
- two papers published in refereed journals
- two of other articles published
- 64 per cent of KTP Associates are offered jobs by the company partner post KTP completion.