Can you capture the essence of research in an eye-catching photographic image?
Best photographic image – Research Staff category and Postgraduate Research category
First place for each of the two categories will be awarded £150
Second place for each of the two categories will be awarded £100
Best description of image – all images
First place will be awarded £100
Second place will be awarded £50
- All University of Plymouth current postgraduate research students including: ResM/MPhil/PhD/Professional Doctorates are eligible to enter.
- All University of Plymouth Research Staff are eligible to enter.
- You can enter as an individual or group.
- Each entry includes a photographic image and 150-word description, which will be printed and displayed together on poster boards. Descriptions will explain your image to a public audience.
- An entry can include a single image or a collage of images.
- Up to 3 entries can be submitted from each individual or group.
- Photographic images must be your own original work and not previously published.
- Your photographic images will show, represent or convey the essence of your research.
- Your photographic images and description of images will be reviewed by the Doctoral College to confirm suitability and entry into the competition.
- Photographic images and descriptions will be selected to appear on the University of Plymouth web pages.
How to enter
If you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements, then please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your photographic image
- 150 words description
- Your name, and your School/Department
- Confirmation of whether you're submitting for the postgraduate student category or research staff category
- Confirmation of whether you're submitting as an individual or a group
Entries must be received by 13 May 2022 to be included in the competition and exhibition.
Follow the conversation with #PlymResFest
For further information please contact the Research Skills team in the Doctoral College
Research Festival 2021: 28 June – 2 July 2021
Take a look at the full programme of eventsCelebrating the very best of Plymouth's rich and varied research, creating an impact – from local to global.
Supporting excellence and employability across all stages of the researcher journeyFind out more about the Doctoral College and the support it offers students, supervisors and examiners of postgraduate research at the University of Plymouth.